Possession for Revolution

There is no way in hell you could get 2-3x the perf out of GC by overclocking it and Revolution can't be an overclocked GC because of the definition of "overclocked". :D

Anyway on to slightly more serious discussion, I think Rev will have a mixture of SM2.x and SM3.x features, but not necessarily be compliant with either model. I would have thought they would try very hard to fit dynamic branching in there in order to gain selective shading, at the expense of other features.

Teasy said:
No, it uses a totally different CPU architecture, and a very different GPU, it definitely can't be described as an overclocked XBox. The people who call Revolution a overclocked GC really believe it is purely an overclocked GC, just GC chips at a higher clock speed. Insane, but true :)

But no one here AFAIK has ever stated that, so I'm not sure why it keeps on being brought up.

pc999 said:
I would take overclocled as "it does the same (results), and only the same, but faster/beter", in that way I would consider the XB--->XB360 not a overclocked version of system the first system.

Ok, that's a decent try to draw the line. But then there is NO WAY the Revolution will be just a souped up GCN as I'm sure we ALL believe the Rev will have a few new features for certain.

Maybe the comment in IGN was meant as a rough indictaor for raw performance and was NOTtalking about feature set?

pc999 said:
IGN and those that belive in IGN (and they are many, even here, just make a search for old threads).

No, I don't believe IGN has said that, and I don't believe anyone here has said that either. Why don't you "search the old threads" and let me know exactly who you are trying to prove wrong, since you seem so dedicated to that end?

We saw, even here, people (not deadmeat) say that they would just release a 1Ghz Gekko and a 3xxMhz flliper, because it is cheaper and bla bla bla...There is a lot of people that use the article to say that .

I dont have time now to make such a search, but try go to the thread here with the original article and you will see.

BTW how much more power is needed to run a shader based game that is as suped up XB game, because Nintendo put their console as a ~10Gflops system and MS put XB as a 80Glops system, yet that is much more than a 2-3x increase and games do not look that better.

I am not offending you, just saying that there are people here that said such, and even if IGN had not write that leter by leter, we should cleary assume that this is what is meant in that article. Why? How knows, bad info, bad knowledge, misunderstation, free publicity to the new site, bad form of expression... but this is the logic conclusion (or at least on of them as the article is bad enough to take different conclussions, as several analises in this forum already showed).

I am not didicated to nothingh I just saw some info and shared it (althought I am starting to regreat that) because some people (may (to make your preference)) think other wise .

And if I am wrong and everybody here is thinking the right way, lets just use the influence of this forum to let the truth spread all over the net.

PS try and see if you find someone in particular so I can prove him wrong. (think that here you will find it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back