Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Discussion in 'Console Technology' started by BRiT, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

Well I wouldn't have expected otherwise. But the developers would need to make the patches for the game, which is what I was saying.

Yong Yea removed the side plates so show how easy it is to remove, and to show the SSD expansion slot.

2. goonergaz

Veteran

I’m curious what surprises we have yet to see from PS5. NX Gamer was saying that what’s been shown is the tip of the iceberg...what with DF comments and most other people who have posted impressions also saying similar things...I just can’t think what these ‘surprises’ might be that people are excited to tell us about.

I am wondering if one might be the ability to save a game at any point and jump back in at the very same point whenever you want from the main dashboard - kind of like the XSX game swapping but not restricted to a handful of games - I think I also saw that games start per loading when you are selecting then, so we could see that any game will load from where you left off in just a few seconds.

I wonder also if the BC benefits are better than we might be expecting - maybe even that some BC titles in BC mode are out performing the XSX version? Now that would be a big surprise in my book.

thicc_gaf and turkey like this.
  3. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

How did you jump to this conclusion? :???: I'm saying if it's old and doesn't work there is very little chance the dev will fix it, the only way it'll get fixed is if Sony improve their b/c to accommodate whatever technique is causing the issue.

4. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

5. wco81

Legend

So is BB only going to fulfill online preorders with those pallets or are they actually going to have inventory at the stores?

OK, if you go to the website, it says pre order online, no store preorders.

But if you go to the product page, it says "coming soon."

6. London Geezer

Legend Subscriber

Sooo the UK is back in a national lockdown from next week and I had my PS5 set for collection.

Which means, if they manage to send it on launch day, which is dubious, I still have two weeks of lockdown to get through with no PS5.

7. anexanhume

Veteran Regular

BB is definitely doing in-store. I was able to reserve a slot before they open to the general public for my pick up.

8. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

but you had an online pre order for pick up right ?

I think he means will he be able to walk into a best buy on launch day and walk out with the system without any pre order. I think the answer is no

9. DSoup

DSoup meh

Contact the store tomorrow and see what your options are. They may be able to convert the order to a delivery or kerb-side collection.

London Geezer likes this.
  10. turkey

Veteran Newcomer

Game contacted me about my Series X, I have to go pay by Wednesday, I can collect between 8 and 2 on the 10th. Not too different thankfully.

Kugai Calo, DSoup and BRiT like this.
  11. London Geezer

Legend Subscriber

Plot twist!

PS5 allegedly has 712GB of free space, not 640GB as previously reported.

Not long till we find out.

12. SumoSaki

Newcomer

That's not too bad. I wonder how much space the free game takes up?

13. DSoup

DSoup meh

That sounds encouraging. Perhaps there is latitude for people to collect things like pre-ordered hardware. Technically, if you've already paid, they are not selling non-essential goods.

14. thicc_gaf

Regular Newcomer

I don't think it's anything related to BC in terms of 3P game performance between the two; for starters they'd have to have a game that's currently BC on both PS5 and Series X. Additionally I don't think they would be hinting at anything that would be perceived as a direct comparison to Series X at this point. Considering they've not done that with any Series X features compared to PS5 (BC or not) so far, and these are mainly neutral content sources, evoking that type of thing even through hints could be seen as fueling warring in a way that's unwarranted, especially if they're hinting such things in a way perceived as gleeful, i.e almost to the detriment of whatever seems unfavorable in that scenario.

Personally I do think it's OS feature-related; heck it could be a 2nd pre-installed game for all we know. Maybe a PS3 title, hinting at BC for stuff older than PS4. That would technically fall into a gleeful interpretation of any such hints but not as a comparison to another platform; by and large I think we all want PS3 (and PS2 and PS1) BC on PS5 ;)

15. turkey

Veteran Newcomer

I wonder if folks counted free space without considering Astro comes pre installed?

Edit, a leak put it under 3gb so ignore

16. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

astrobot looks more like a 10gb game than 70

17. London Geezer

Legend Subscriber

Well Astro isn’t a 70GB game so must be something else.

18. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

Considering that they explicitly said it had nothing to do with platform comparisons, but you know, why let reality and what was actually said get in the way of dreams. So any talk about comparisons being the surprise is entirely wrong.

19. wco81

Legend

Did BB have preorders? Their site says "Coming Soon."

No I don't mind ordering online. In fact probably better than going to the store and expecting to get lucky.

BRiT likes this.
  20. DSoup

DSoup meh

At the end of his most recent video, NX Gamer said he was looking forward to covering the surprises for PS5 as well.

I'm not sure what to expect but I supposed if I did then they wouldn't be surprises. :nope: We know it's quiet, we know it plays PS4 games but perhaps it plays them much better than expected. That would be a genuine surprise to me. :yep2:

goonergaz likes this.