Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

"We are increasingly bullish in terms of the number of people that we think may engage with PS5. Firstly, because we don't begin from a standing start like we did with PS4, when we were coming out of a very lacklustre PS3 platform, with a low level of networking across the community. Now we are starting with 100 million gamers, who we hope to transition very, very rapidly onto PS5. And it's an engaged, tribal, networked community, who will be deeply and profoundly engaged with their PlayStation 5, we hope, from a very early moment.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-10-29-how-sony-plans-to-make-ps5-bigger-than-ps4

its good to see. and hopefully this becomes the norm. People are jaded though. I am jaded myself about it. I don't think it's fake-concern more so than people just expecting the norm, which they've seen play out over the course of every generation.

if this is different, and it becomes the focus of everything go forward, this would be genuinely the first time it's ever been accomplished since something like Wii. Joycons are more adept than the Wii controllers, but you can see that they are now largely unused for instance.

Comparative list to titles using the 'Impulse triggers' on xbox one.
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_games_that_support_Xbox_One_impulse_triggers

There will be varying degrees of support, with varying degrees of success. Not everything will be like Astrobot, but that little game is literally build to show off the functions.

If anything I’m real-concerned at how tired my fingers will get if the triggers give a lot resistance very often - say for each arrow shot by Aloy?

Ain’t nobody got time for tired fingers!

But the Demon’s Souls devs just said that you can turn the effect down or completely off so it should be fine.

If anything I’m real-concerned at how tired my fingers will get if the triggers give a lot resistance very often - say for each arrow shot by Aloy?

Ain’t nobody got time for tired fingers!

But the Demon’s Souls devs just said that you can turn the effect down or completely off so it should be fine.

Just think of the exercise though, PS5 owners finger strength and stamina will be off the charts. It'll be a whole new generation of Piano maestros in the making!

Don't know about loosing games but you definitely loose all your game saves if you let it die past 6 months.
I think the default behaviour of PS4 is to keep all save games on the console even if you remove the game, so if even if you let your PS+ sub lapse, as long as you don't wipe local saves, they'll all resent when we re-sub. I've dipped in and out of PS+ subs for this whole gen and this has been my experience.

In many ways a similar challenge as trying to explain what VR 'feels' like.

Ok this is pretty freaking cool. I will gladly take a shorter battery life for this as long its not like 2hrs. I don't mind recharging every 10hrs or so.

Maybe I dreamt this, but I thought they increased the battery capacity yet said the play time was the same as DS4.

Maybe I dreamt this, but I thought they increased the battery capacity yet said the play time was the same as DS4.
Yea the battery size is increased by some 60%? if i recall correctly. Playtime was said to be good by some early reviewer but no specific time has been given. My guess is you are right, it would remain at around 10hrs taking all these techs and motors inside the controller into consideration.

Dual Mics
Touchpad
Compass
Gyro
BT 5.1
Quad VCAs?
Headphone Jack
Speaker

I've been wondering... How is the force actually achieved in the triggers? And how resilient is that mechanism? I can think of a few heavy handed people who may force the trigger down too hard against the resistance, and there must be a point where something has to give?

Bring the team forward
26bd.svg

Own FIFA 21 on PS4? Upgrade to the PS5 version at no extra cost. Players can also carry over Ultimate Team and Volta Football progress into next-gen.

Back