Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

qzbM8oA.png

Pt0z8FT.png

Astrobot seems pretty dope, especially considering it's a free game on day 1.
I wonder how large it is. It should be pretty small.

i think that size is spot on. here's my size chart i made long time ago
its exaggerated since the xbox is pushed back further, and the camera is on the right, tilted to the left.
the depth of the ps5 is 8cm more than xbox one series x, yet the gap from the front of the table to the start of the xbox is greater than that
remember things get smaller the further from the camera they are

its exaggerated since the xbox is pushed back further, and the camera is on the right, tilted to the left.
the depth of the ps5 is 8cm more than xbox one series x, yet the gap from the front of the table to the start of the xbox is greater than that
remember things get smaller the further from the camera they are

It took me quite a while to understand that.

It seems my vision system automatically understand the perspective and position difference. So my brain compare Xsx size from the middle of PS5 base. Not from the front most, that's closer to the camera.

That's why i showed my 2d chart. The size is similar to my chart.

Some first touch from Japanese media.

https://dengekionline.com/articles/52523/
PS5 is very cold and silent.
Room temperature, running 1hr45mins, playing more than 1hr20mins, under some spotlight.
At the end when they touch the console they still cant feel the heat or if the fan is running.

https://www.businessinsider.jp/post-221407
The size of PS5 is design for quiet cooling

That's weird, with hundreds of watts PS5 consumed, how can it say cool without expelling the heat thru exhaust?

Edit

Oh I get it. They meant the casing / body is cool. They didn't check the exhaust.

PS5 seems to have outer layer and inner layer. The fins are outer layer. So it my give better heat isolation than Xsx

That's weird, with hundreds of watts PS5 consumed, how can it say cool without expelling the heat thru exhaust?

To answer your edit, they did check the exhaust. The issue with PS4 and PS4 Pro, as Mark Cerny explained in the 'The Road to PS5' talk, was they had to guess the power draw under certain loads and fundamentally, PS4/Pro is too enclosed and the cooling system just barely keeps up with ventilating under consistent high-draw scenarios. With PS5, they obviously designed it to ventilate better. A couple of reports from Japanese YouTubers suggest the PS5 has a 200-240mm fan which moves a lot of heat.

If PS5's cooling system, like One X, is just built to ventilate more space, faster, then you never get that build up of heat which you also feel is being pushed through the small exhaust.

Back