Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Not a good sign they had the use a CGI trailer? Unless that's a game I haven't heard about.

Is this bait? This is a ad with real character inside some cgi scenery. Sony does tons of ad like this, here it is a PS5 add not for a game. I think has some mix of hint of PS5 game like Horizon 2 with the bow and Returnal for monster.

Is this bait? This is a ad with real character inside some cgi scenery. Sony does tons of ad like this, here it is a PS5 add not for a game. I think has some mix of hint of PS5 game like Horizon 2 with the bow and Returnal for monster.

No it's not bait it's just I would of preferred if they used actual games coming out to show of those features like Spiderman, Horizon Forbidden West and Demon Souls.

Yep.

Yeah platform advertisements are usually selling the dream because frankly the s/w is rarely there on launch.

I'm speculating here but there is also probably media production issues involved here too, you need to be able to produce a complete media campaign across multiple media with clear consistent imagery and message during your launch window. Making an individual game or games central to that massively increases your risk, take Watch Dogs and PS4, Sony and Ubisoft were so in bed together they offered a Watch Dogs PS4 bundle on launch but then Watch Dogs slipped. It didn't force Sony to pull or rework their print and tv campaigns for the PS4 because the Greatness Awaits campaign relied on no single game, whereas if the trailer was cross cuts between WD and PS4 extolling the virtues of both you'd have had to ditch that entire campaign.

No it's not bait it's just I would of preferred if they used actual games coming out to show of those features like Spiderman, Horizon Forbidden West and Demon Souls.
Frankly, me too. Showing some CGI feels real low effort.

Frankly, me too. Showing some CGI feels real low effort.
But they were kinda representing what the PS5 will bring.

Life like graphics (hopefully)
Raytracing (most likely)
Sound emersion (definitely)
Kraken? (definitely)
DS5 (bow tension - definitely)
Awesome graphics (definitely)

They could have shown representation of the SSD by having her jump through a number of portals, something they didn't. Maybe 8K textures? :D

But they were kinda representing what the PS5 will bring.

I don't want a representation of what they're promising, I want to see what Sony have for me to play. I'm not buying into the immersive controller nonsense until I've experienced it myself - ditto the sound. How can they promise more immersive sound without knowing anything about me, or my audio setup?

I don't want a representation of what they're promising, I want to see what Sony have for me to play. I'm not buying into the immersive controller nonsense until I've experienced it myself - ditto the sound. How can they promise more immersive sound without knowing anything about me, or my audio setup?
Well you, like everyone else, will have to wait.

Last edited:
Yeah platform advertisements are usually selling the dream because frankly the s/w is rarely there on launch.

I'm speculating here but there is also probably media production issues involved here too, you need to be able to produce a complete media campaign across multiple media with clear consistent imagery and message during your launch window. Making an individual game or games central to that massively increases your risk, take Watch Dogs and PS4, Sony and Ubisoft were so in bed together they offered a Watch Dogs PS4 bundle on launch but then Watch Dogs slipped. It didn't force Sony to pull or rework their print and tv campaigns for the PS4 because the Greatness Awaits campaign relied on no single game, whereas if the trailer was cross cuts between WD and PS4 extolling the virtues of both you'd have had to ditch that entire campaign.
It sounds like Spider-Man MM and Demon’s Souls both have meaningful adaptions of the Dual Sense features based on that blog post. I am cautiously optimistic.

Yes and the Garnier models with their perfect, huge and shiny hair didn't just wash their hair at home with Garnier shampoo. Advertising!

They need to somehow talk about these new features that people outside forums have no idea about, and they did a nice live action/CGI (whatever this is) to make it look cool. They'll surely show actual game snippets at some point.

The one thing I'm mad about is WHERE IS THE PRICE AND RELEASE DATE.

It sounds like Spider-Man MM and Demon’s Souls both have meaningful adaptions of the Dual Sense features based on that blog post. I am cautiously optimistic.
I like your cautious optimism. I would also like to be cautiously optimistic but Nintendo's HD rumble, "feel the ice cubes in the glass" pitch is still fresh in my mind. I think haptic/adaptive/resistive triggers might actually may result in the controller feeling different but whether or not that translates to all these promises of feeling the terrain under the car and so on, I'll believe it when I pick up DualSense controller and play DIRT5 using it.

I like your cautious optimism. I would also like to be cautiously optimistic but Nintendo's HD rumble, "feel the ice cubes in the glass" pitch is still fresh in my mind. I think haptic/adaptive/resistive triggers might actually may result in the controller feeling different but whether or not that translates to all these promises of feeling the terrain under the car and so on, I'll believe it when I pick up DualSense controller and play DIRT5 using it.
I think these features are becoming more normalized as people become accustomed to advanced feature controllers. Trigger stops are in the Xbox Elite, for example (which is easily my favorite controller of all time).

Back