Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

The fact that evolution studios is taking on the dirt franchise from here on out is great. But they should have put a subtitle and not a numbering.

Yes, this looks like a spiritual successor to Motorstorm, varied tracks, and little push and shove (no harm, no foul) but fortunately those absurd tracks from Motorstorm Apocalypse are gone. I was always a fan of how the racing felt in Motorstorm, but I did not like the Apocalypse tracks gimmick.

First.. Dirt 5 looks great and I think I'm back into racing for the first time since Motorstorm.

Second..

October 2020
PS5/PS4

:oops:
Some of the realism and lighting reminds me of Driveclub. I like it a lot. I think the release date is about the PS4. Someone messed up. Probably an intern.

I couldn't be happier about evolution making another game. One can only hope for a motorstorm reboot.

They look like higher res versions of console games or PC versions at max.
The next gen vibe is pretty much non-existent so far visually

Yeah, the jump from PS3 to PS4 was underwhelming for a lot of people. However, I think this makes other features like the SSD or the Tempest Engines more relevant than ever.

Perhaps when those people hadn’t seen anything running properly on PS4. The differences became very much notable pretty darn soon!
True, although we never saw anything quite like the jump from GTA San Andreas (PS2) to GTA IV (PS3) and it wasn't helped at launch by bunch of crossgen games where the 360/PS3 versions weren't half bad. WATCH_DOGs, AC Black Flag and Shadow of Mordor all made compromises on lastgen, but they were visibly the same games - not to mention GTA V.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...station-studios-brand-to-launch-alongside-ps5

20200510.jpg

So let me get this straight... They claim to nearly eliminate loading times with PS5 but then will be adding a new video at the beginning of all their new first party games that is 17 seconds in length.

Alongside the logo, PlayStation has created a new opening video that will appear at the start of its games. The video features characters from Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, God of War, Ratchet & Clank, Horizon: Zero Dawn and The Last of Us. You can check out the video below.

So let me get this straight... They claim to nearly eliminate loading times with PS5 but then will be adding a new video at the beginning of all their new first party games that is 17 seconds in length.

It will probably be skippable..

Even with the SSD I think it's important to maintain cohesive and iconic branding, I expect it'll be on your first startup of the game and will hopefully be skippable or removed thereafter.

I wonder what'll happen with all the different dev/tech idents and splash screens. I suspect they may just put all the logos on a single screen.

The same goes for the console startup, I hope they have a nice iconic startup like the PS1, 2, 3 days etc. But, given the SSD, it should be more brief, it should be there for your first start up and then it should give you the option to disable it afterwards.

A real cool option would be to have a choice between full and abridged versions of all the past startup sounds and 4k remakes of the startup visuals, along with a new one for the PS5 and an option to disable it entirely. Would stir up some nostalgia and I think older fans would love it.

Last edited:
Back