Playing the piano with your... balls. (SFW)

I was beginning to wonder how accurate he actually had to be...

From my school days when I studied music, I recall learning that there was a very famous pianist (it might have been Franz Liszt) who liked to be "showy" - IIRC he was the first to arrange the piano on stage so the audience could see his profile.

Now there was a difficult piece of music that required a particular top note to be played repeately, alternating with the melody which is played lower down the keyboard. Normally, the right hand plays the high note while the left hand does the melody. He wanted to stun the audience by using just one hand... so he tuned all the nearby high notes to the same note so that it didn't matter if he hit the wrong one....... :)

Simon F said:
I was beginning to wonder how accurate he actually had to be...

From my school days when I studied music, I recall learning that there was a very famous pianist (it might have been Franz Liszt) who liked to be "showy" - IIRC he was the first to arrange the piano on stage so the audience could see his profile.

Now there was a difficult piece of music that required a particular top note to be played repeately, alternating with the melody which is played lower down the keyboard. Normally, the right hand plays the high note while the left hand does the melody. He wanted to stun the audience by using just one hand... so he tuned all the nearby high notes to the same note so that it didn't matter if he hit the wrong one....... :)

That's cheating! And actually a very clever way to do it. Wonder if some of the more "professionals" ever used that kind of cheat. Wouldn't surprise me.

london-boy said:
That's cheating! And actually a very clever way to do it. Wonder if some of the more "professionals" ever used that kind of cheat. Wouldn't surprise me.

being professional at something only means you know more cheats then others.....;)

silence said:
being professional at something only means you know more cheats then others.....;)

Or it could mean that you just don't get caught as often.
Funny title too, Senior Noob (as in Mr. in Spanish) :LOL:

CosmoKramer said:

Yeah! Doesn't seem to be an exact correlation between where he's landing the balls and the notes that are playing though, lol.

Anybody got a link to a better copy?

Last edited by a moderator:
silence said:
uh, not in music. you might be able to cheat the public, but you can *never* cheat people who have spent decades perfecting an art.

MuFu said:
Yeah! Doesn't seem to be an exact correlation between where he's landing the balls and the notes that are playing though, lol.
True, the position is completely off. The timing seems right though, so it's probably one big button to fire next note.

the piano is a fake, it's just cardboard with keys painted on it.

the music plays independently and he's trained to synchronized
the balls with the music.

More like all the tricks that are used in "magician" shows (copperfield, siegfried and roy)
they are great performer and "make believe". This is cinema, except it's live.

Back