Photorealistic Screens of MotoGP (X360)

Lightheaven, very very nice pics! Thanks! Time to go dig up some google images again...

Alstrong, actually LCD's are generally "clearer" if by that you mean sharper. Computer monitor CRT's have a low enough dot pitch and fine enough e-beam that resolution isn't a problem, though. The big thing about LCD's is they have f'd up gamma curves 99% of the time. That's what makes them look unnatural, along with backlight limitations and black levels. So I'd agree with you that computer CRT's are superior in almost every way. I'm not a fan of CRT projection, though.

Mintmaster said:
Lightheaven, very very nice pics! Thanks! Time to go dig up some google images again...

Alstrong, actually LCD's are generally "clearer" if by that you mean sharper. Computer monitor CRT's have a low enough dot pitch and fine enough e-beam that resolution isn't a problem, though. The big thing about LCD's is they have f'd up gamma curves 99% of the time. That's what makes them look unnatural, along with backlight limitations and black levels. So I'd agree with you that computer CRT's are superior in almost every way. I'm not a fan of CRT projection, though.

What about comparing a 27" CRT to a 27" LCD Bravia? Which would produce a better image?

You're the voice to my thoughts, Mintmaster. :) The only things I particularly hate about CRT are power consumption and size of the end unit, but...I digress.

That the devs are reaching this kind of graphical level so early is quite promising for future iterations. :)

mckmas8808 said:
I'll like to see it on a LCD TV. Aren't LCDs brighter than CRTs?

Depends on the room. If it's partially lit, the LCD will look better/brighter. Turn of all the lights, and the CRT is pretty deadly.

scooby_dooby said:
Depends on the room. If it's partially lit, the LCD will look better/brighter. Turn of all the lights, and the CRT is pretty deadly.

Cool I like to play with low to no lights anyway. Thanks.:smile:

Lysander said:
Brilliant pics. Thanks for posting. Crt screens are producing near photoreal pics on 360.
It is more just the fact that the pictures are tiny so they hide the flaws. ;)

Back