Photorealistic Screens of MotoGP (X360)

Where's ihamoitc2005 at? lol He was complaining about the graphics and forks missing. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know... I feel this one could be mistaken for an actual photograph:

I know I atleast had to take a double take... the bikes and lighting look phenomenal..

Now Xboxyde has them too, though I don't know if there's any difference.

And yeah, these shots do have photorealism in places. It's enough to make me stop and pick them apart, which means they're dang good. It looks like Climax hasn't lost their touch, though their previous screens seemed to indicate they weren't totally on the ball.

Wow, those are really damn good.

I wouldn't quite say photo-realistic though, as in some areas the shadowing isn't quite right (but this isn't getting solved any time soon). There are a couple of places for improvement, like the fact they did a "dumb" depth of field where the background blur also blurs foreground objects. ATI has some nice presentations about this.

That said, well done. I was quite encouraged by some of the early screens (even if they had flaws) because they showed potential. Needless to say it's turned out as well as I hoped.

weaksauce said:
Quite nice.. Should be more polys though.
It was just a touch too...
I mean, it had a few too many...

Uh, notes, sire?

Ah yes, notes. It simply had too many notes.

The fact that none of the riders are actually holding onto the handlebars doesn't help the sense of realism too much...:???:

Neeyik said:
The fact that none of the riders are actually holding onto the handlebars doesn't help the sense of realism too much...:???:
That's realistic! The rider is just changing the radio station. :D

Back