PGR4: New Snow on the Ring trailer

Hey! that video was pretty good, I didn't buy Forza 2, but I'll be getting this one. It's the perfect mix between arcade and realism for my tastes.

Wouldn't it be cool if BC had an online car preorder/car request system setup? For example the cars with the most 'preorders' would be modeled and offered as a download for a small fee. It would work for both gamers and developers from an economic POV.

I wish they offered the KTM X-Bow, Suzuki GSX-R/4 concept, and 2009 Skyline GTR to name a few as vehicles available for preorder.:D

they could if the cars were balanced all right, of course then it would be a system where you pay for one car at a time. I remember the Cadillac 16 from PGR3 which looks awesome but is absolutely useless for anything other than drifting.

Wouldn't it be cool if BC had an online car preorder/car request system setup? For example the cars with the most 'preorders' would be modeled and offered as a download for a small fee. It would work for both gamers and developers from an economic POV.

I wish they offered the KTM X-Bow, Suzuki GSX-R/4 concept, and 2009 Skyline GTR to name a few as vehicles available for preorder.:D

Now that is a good idea! That would be a nice integrated feature... "This months pre-order list" and whatever is at the top, goes into "production". That would be nice and interactive and, as you said, a win-win!

It's 30fps, not 60.

Yes. And has always been the case with PGR4. Actually, the framerate needs some work on some courses to be frank.

As for AA... looking at the new shots you can see slight aliasing at diagonal angles, especially in contrasty areas. e.g. The first shot, on part of the leg with the cloud in the background. All the shots with little to no Motion Blur or DOF show some aliasing (minor, but present). I wouldn't be surprised if these are 4xMSAA shots, but I am sure a few of our MSAA detecting agents on the forum could be a little more insightful than I am. Lets hope the finished version has MSAA levels this high!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1293/1287947753_e5b47ddfed_o.gif

Looks very clean. I downloaded the bigger version. Some shots are very hard to distinguish if they're real life or game. Like above. Hell of a job simulating spray being kicked up!

I'm a bit meh about adding bikes as I'm sure they'll have the physics completely out of whack but I'll be buying it for the cars first really.

Project Gotham 4 makes me want to buy a Xbox360, it looks so good!
Without doubt the best looking racing I have seen.:oops:

One of the things that impresses me is how good the graphics look in pretty poor lighting conditions. One of the things going with weather elements does is add conditions that aren't ideal for graphical pizzaz. Night tracks and bright, sunny day tracks allow you to get a lot of mileage from current GPUs... but an overcast day? These settings tend to be low contrast which makes the graphics look muddy and uninteresting. Bizarre Creations has done a good job here. For example: (Click to enlarge):

You won't get the full effect until you watch the video. Seeing the lightning and how great the contrast is, well, impressed me. I do want to see some more sunny tracks. The recent intro video (off screen) looks really, really impressive. And that video GIF in RobertR1's post... :oops: It looks equally nice in the bigger video.

This game seems to be flying under the radar. I get the feeling the NFS games will outsell it yet again.

You may be right Joshua. 1up mentioned it and said that they were totally meh after testing PGR4. On the other hand, NFS Pro Street had them all hot and bothered (but they said that was the first time in ages that an NFS game had that effect on them). Pesonally, I don't like the video much. The video gif of the Nurburgring above does look quite nice though, although I would tone down the bloom on the cars a notch. A lot of PGR4 now seems to hover uncomfortably between realism and larger than life. I'd go for more larger than life stuff and less realism, really (or more realism, but not this inbetween stuff that doesn't satisfy me either way). I'm just talking about the graphics, mind you. I've always enjoyed their driving mechanics (but not their tracks).

One of the things that impresses me is how good the graphics look in pretty poor lighting conditions. One of the things going with weather elements does is add conditions that aren't ideal for graphical pizzaz. Night tracks and bright, sunny day tracks allow you to get a lot of mileage from current GPUs... but an overcast day? These settings tend to be low contrast which makes the graphics look muddy and uninteresting. Bizarre Creations has done a good job here. For example: (Click to enlarge):

You won't get the full effect until you watch the video. Seeing the lightning and how great the contrast is, well, impressed me. I do want to see some more sunny tracks. The recent intro video (off screen) looks really, really impressive. And that video GIF in RobertR1's post... :oops: It looks equally nice in the bigger video.

This game seems to be flying under the radar. I get the feeling the NFS games will outsell it yet again.

I don't know about improved contrast but I think PGR4 cloudy weather shots look significantly better than the rest simply because they don't require all those lighting tricks.

You wanted direct feed? You cannot handle direct feed!

http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_4042_1_en.html
http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_3798_1_en.html

The first is a montage from E3, the one before that is just showing off the rain. The new Intro trailer is even better, but we are still waiting for direct feed.

They dont look as realistic as the .gif. The "new" video (with the bike) looks very impressive though. It almost looks as if they took the in-game assets and used them to make a CG movie.
The old one not so much.

Back