PGR4: New Snow on the Ring trailer

Easily another million seller.

I dunno, in the first year PGR3 was in the 500k range and broke 1M as a $19.95 combo with a FM1 bundle and being bundled with some FF wheels. I hope you are right as I personally like the games and the attention to detail.

Certainly Turn10 should play this to get a clue how replays should be implemented!

Turn10 does some things really well... but they could spare to steal a lot from BC!

I dunno, in the first year PGR3 was in the 500k range and broke 1M as a $19.95 combo with a FM1 bundle and being bundled with some FF wheels. I hope you are right as I personally like the games and the attention to detail.

Turn10 does some things really well... but they could spare to steal a lot from BC!

It's called code sharing, and if I remember correctly Turn10 took whole bits of code quite literally from PGR3 and implemented them in Forza 2. So there. ;)

PGR3 was a lunch title, so it is quite an accomplishment that BC somehow managed to sell 1M copies. If FM2 sold as many copies in a few weeks I don't see why PGR4 can't. There are quite of us who actually prefer the more arcadey approach of PGR.

A colleague of mine won a 360 Premium on a fair, and is selling it for 175 euros. Of course, guarantee could be problematic, with probbaly no receipt, so it could be a risk.
I was given a launch system as a gift and had it die. Microsoft didn't even ask for a receipt. Based on the serial number they know the build date so your warranty will go by that. The date is also written on the back.

I was given a launch system as a gift and had it die. Microsoft didn't even ask for a receipt. Based on the serial number they know the build date so your warranty will go by that. The date is also written on the back.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that. So maybe I should take him up on his offer. He never evem took it out of the box, so it should be in pretty decent condition.

EDIT: he still hadn't sold it, so I took him up on the offer. For 175 euros, it was too good to pass up, that's less half the shop price and he never opened the box. All I know about it is that it has a HDD, probably it's the basic 20GB Premium.

Which means that once the PGR4 demo comes out, I'll be able to see for myself how the game turned out this time. ;)

I really, really loved the cockpit view in PGR3. Was tempted to buy a 360 for that alone back then. Maybe now I will try some Forza 2 as well. At least I can try the demos. ;)

My original goal was to own all consoles this generation (if only because I like playing the amateur analyst, like Joshua, and often get asked about advice on what's the best thing to get), but it was very much looking like it wouldn't happen simply because the PS3 satisfies all my needs.

I still won't have nearly enough time to play on it (can barely get enough gametime with my PS3 games as it is) but hey, you can't have everything. ;)

But anyway, I joined the 2 console platforms crew. Will be interesting to see if the Wii will ever make it in here also.

So who knows PGR4's demo will be there for my 360's maiden voyage sometime next week. Looking forward to it! Now all I need is some good news on wheel support. ;) (meaning beyond the Microsoft one)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back