Opinions are like ...?

Npl

Veteran
I guess you know the common line "Opinions are like *rearends* - everyone got one". Everytime I hear this I have to counter this with lines such as "Roses are red" or "The Sky is blue".
I think the most important punchline is missing, like "... and all stink", "..., and some stink more than others (and your`s the most)", "... and its unpleasant to dig too deep in others", "... but you only care for your own" (I know a few people will oppose the last two :D ). The line alone just lacks any wit, purpose and is open to interpretation.
Funny that alot of people even have no clue what they are trying to say with that line if you question the purpose. So how would you interpret it or complement it with a punchline?

That's the punchline of another similar one.

Politicians are like diapers, they need to be replaced frequently and for the same reason. They get full of shit.

I'm sorry but can you repeat what opinion you're seeking?
errr.. are you serious, my english is that bad? :runaway:
I asked for meanings (possible interpretations) of the phrase "Opinions are like assholes - everyone got one". Maybe Kiler will come up with a formal proof, until then its up to anyone to make the phrase complete.

in other words how would you could interpret someone saying "Opinions are like assholes - everyone got one" to you?
*) "I have a opinion too" / "Others have opinions" (no really? even no opinion is an opinion, why would someone waste his breath for saying this?)
*) "There are somehow like assholes" - so how do they relate to each other, after beeing compareable to assholes? Not all of those have to equal, you know. Maybe "all stink" / "are full of sh*t" or you were just told to shut up, because noone wants to listen to either your Opinion or butthole, hence "Opinions are like assholes - noone wants to hear from others`". (Everythings hypotetical and not directed at you, btw :LOL: )

I think it's just more amusing than saying 'Opinions are like noses...etc'? I think the only thing that the statement is trying to convey is that everyone is entitled to an opinion.

In a heated argument, I find that the saying can be easily be expanded to:

"Opinions are like arseholes... just like you!" :smile:

"Opinions are like luxury sedans.... I'm going to bite the tip of your nose off."

I like to do 360s with the direction of that statement ;) Keep them guessing.

Back