OMG!!! I just had another common sense moment

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
Well I tried to get my SDL program working.
I've moved off Java and GLUT and am now using SDL(cross-platform is VERY important to me).

Anyway I had linker errors and I fixed them by using Google and going to the SDL site's FAQ and reading about it.
After I found my answer in the FAQ I went in and re-arranged my library linking in the manner suggested in the FAQ.

I didn't think it would matter in which way I link, but it does for obvious reasons. I wish there was a thing called smart linking. I think VIsual Studio .NET does it because I didn't have this problem when doing it through VS 7.

My program works perfectly now.
Hooray for common sense?

K.I.L.E.R said:
Well I tried to get my SDL program working.
I've moved off Java and GLUT and am now using SDL(cross-platform is VERY important to me).

Anyway I had linker errors and I fixed them by using Google and going to the SDL site's FAQ and reading about it.
After I found my answer in the FAQ I went in and re-arranged my library linking in the manner suggested in the FAQ.

I didn't think it would matter in which way I link, but it does for obvious reasons. I wish there was a thing called smart linking. I think VIsual Studio .NET does it because I didn't have this problem when doing it through VS 7.

My program works perfectly now.
Hooray for common sense?

Did you use Google Braille?

K.I.L.E.R said:
I wish there was a thing called smart linking.
I'd rather it *be* smart linking rather than just being called it.

It doesn't matter under VMS (or at least it didn't last I used it which was ... a decade ago), and I think I read that you can persuade the linker to make multiple passes through the libraries to resolve symbols that it should already know about (under Linux that is).

I wouldn't jump to crazy, fantastical conclusions. Maybe you were just temporarily possessed by the spirit of a deceased programmer?

Back