Official Xbox Project Scorpio Consumer Naming Thread *spawn*

What will be the official consumer product name for Xbox Project Scorpio?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Xbox one SS

as in Secret-Sauce

or Shape-Sound-thatisgonnafreeenoughresourcesfromgpuandcputocompletelybridgethegapbetweenxboxandplaystationandthensomeanddontevengetmestartedoncloudcomputing.

Xbox One Elite should be in the poll options.

I think that's the one that is probably the most of a non-starter.

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-1TB-Elite-Console-Bundle/dp/B014PZTAME

@iroboto - they don't make OG XB1's, so the only confusion would be with refurbs or used and I don't think MS is too concerned about that market being confused. Point being there's no reason not to just call the XB1S the XB1 and call the new console whatever they like.

I think there's a better than 0 probability that the new console doesn't have "One" in its name as MS focuses on the Xbox brand, iterative upgrades, scalable games, Play Anywhere, etc..

I'm voting other, because knowing how inventive MS has been in the past naming the Xbox (i.e. not at all), I'm leaning heavily towards Xbox 4K. Without the "One". It also allows them to treat Scorpio like a new generation console rather than just a mere upgrade, and I think that's how they need it to be seen by the consumer if they are to be successful.

I think that's the one that is probably the most of a non-starter.

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-1TB-Elite-Console-Bundle/dp/B014PZTAME

@iroboto - they don't make OG XB1's, so the only confusion would be with refurbs or used and I don't think MS is too concerned about that market being confused. Point being there's no reason not to just call the XB1S the XB1 and call the new console whatever they like.

I think there's a better than 0 probability that the new console doesn't have "One" in its name as MS focuses on the Xbox brand, iterative upgrades, scalable games, Play Anywhere, etc..

I'm voting other, because knowing how inventive MS has been in the past naming the Xbox (i.e. not at all), I'm leaning heavily towards Xbox 4K. Without the "One". It also allows them to treat Scorpio like a new generation console rather than just a mere upgrade, and I think that's how they need it to be seen by the consumer if they are to be successful.
Yea, on the current 'S' model, there is no indication of 'S' on it. It still just says Xbox. So a name change would only be an external packaging change. I didn't think they formally announced they cancelled the OG XBO, but I guess that's assumed since no one wants it.

Microsoft has been pretty upfront that it's part of the Xbox One Family. For them to drop One from the name goes against everything they've said so far.

Tommy McClain

Dropping One it´s something they have to consider.

One was supposed to be an all-in-one multimedia device, its poor performance against the competition and its lackluster reception forced Ms to refocus the One to be just a gaming machine. The culmination its Scorpio.

It´s an opportunity to start fresh, to distance themselves from the One brand

Dropping One it´s something they have to consider.

One was supposed to be an all-in-one multimedia device, its poor performance against the competition and its lackluster reception forced Ms to refocus the One to be just a gaming machine. The culmination its Scorpio.

It´s an opportunity to start fresh, to distance themselves from the One brand

That brand has all the games currently branded for it. I don't think they want new buyers to feel it has no games?

It is a catch 22

I went One X simply because it sounds least pathetic but it does not sound fancy enough.

Perhaps Xbox One XS

Sounds beefier, and clings to One and their popular S. Also allows easier car analogy when explaining it.

That brand has all the games currently branded for it. I don't think they want new buyers to feel it has no games?

It is a catch 22

I went One X simply because it sounds least pathetic but it does not sound fancy enough.

Perhaps Xbox One XS

Sounds beefier, and clings to One and their popular S. Also allows easier car analogy when explaining it.

Yep, that´s the tricky part.

They could consider that what encompasses them its the Xbox brand, and that any game released this gen will be playable in both systems.
It gets muddy next gen though.

To be frank, I think that sony spoiled them with the Pro naming, used everywhere for the top of the line products, like the Ipad Pro and the surface Pro.

It sounded natural:
Xbox One
Xbox One S
Xbox One Pro

I think Xbox One Elite or Xbox One 4k are clear frontrunners for the name. If I have to pick one I go Elite. Since they already have branding for that controller.

Edit: Changed my vote to Xbox One 4k. It really just seems natural. Whereas calling something "elite" seems weird or nerdy.

Xbox One X just sounds stupid and would cause widespread mocking. That's a no go.

I'm sticking with X4K, just found out it will really boost sales in Japan!

PTrQc

Back