Official Xbox Project Scorpio Consumer Naming Thread *spawn*

What will be the official consumer product name for Xbox Project Scorpio?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They should call it: "Xbox Original" just to further the naming confusion.

I don't know, the alliteration is horrible. "Xbox One S" vs "Xbox One X"

Highly confusing when spoken.
I don't disagree. It's not what I would have wanted. I just think MS started down the Apple iPhone naming scheme path with the Xbox One S. There's only a few letters left in the alphabet. Guess they could go with SE or S Plus, but those don't sound like they're much different than the S. X is the next coolest letter.

Btw, Xbox One X could be shortened to XOX(hugs & kiss) or XB1X or XB9 in Roman numerals. LOL Or just 1X followed by 2X, 3X... the t-shirt naming scheme. LOL

Tommy McClain

Xbox One Ultra
or Xbox 4K

With 4K they´d lose the One moniker, but the beauty with 4k is that naturally could bring Xbox 5 against the future PS5

Xbox GTX 4k is my bet.

I think @Michellstar is probably correct, especially since the picture of the chip has two things on it - the Xbox logo and "4K". Xbox 4k is probably the name.

I think they should go leet though and write it like X4K

Poll Added with some of the leading names tossed around. Still feels like theres an outside shot at it being named something we haven't thought of or was mentioned yet.

Just for reference

Fresh from the factory
DBLPdsVU0AAo2lZ.jpg

This was the One soc

XB1-SoCTop.jpg

Anyway the marking could change...

Last edited:
Xbox One X and Xbox One S sound very similar, I could imagine some mixup happening when you ask parents for Xbox One X for christmas and get the S instead.

Last edited:
The real question is whether they intend to have Xbox one S just change to the Xbox one line and remove OG from the picture entirely.

If that happens the naming possibilities open up a bit more.

With everything becoming 4K playback in their line up, they can replace the "one", and Scorpio becomes the ultra/ edition of it.

Gun to my head:
SCORPIO- Xbox One XS
Xbox One S - Xbox One
OG XBO - Xbox One Classic

Last edited:
Back