Official F1 2005 Thread

Indeed.

However, the big upset is Toyota's success... OK, Trulli was strong in Oz also, but couldn't keep the pace the whole race through. Here he was well clear of Fisico, easily holding second. Very impressive.

Fisico & Webber, not so much. ;)

Haven't watched the race but have read the race report.

Toyota is the suprise .. I guess they gonna do a BAR this year. BAR on the other hand .. let rip with two engines .. and this after they replaced their engines after the Australian GP. That's gonna hurt them a lot.

Ferrari better hope the F2005 is better .. or else they gonna hurt this year.

Good to see Red Bull Racing doing well with both drivers scoring points again. They third in the Constructors Championship.

US

It looks like Toyota is getting closer and closer to their ultimate goal which is to win the manufacters championship when they entered F1 a few years ago. I can see them winning the manufacturers championship next year.

MPI said:
However, the big upset is Toyota's success... OK, Trulli was strong in Oz also, but couldn't keep the pace the whole race through. Here he was well clear of Fisico, easily holding second. Very impressive.

Fisico & Webber, not so much. ;)

Fisicella broke his batch board and then couldn't keep up with Trulli...

Mmm... yeah. That's his story. 8) Plenty of people have lost barge-boards and it usually doesn't make _that_ big of a difference. Fisico probably cooked his rears good, as he was slipping and sliding all over the place before he shunted Webber.

But the point was that Trulli didn't drop like a rock from second, like he did in Melbourne, but kept a very reasonable pace all the way to the end. Even with a barge-board I don't think Fisi could've caught him. :)

MPI said:
But the point was that Trulli didn't drop like a rock from second, like he did in Melbourne, but kept a very reasonable pace all the way to the end. Even with a barge-board I don't think Fisi could've caught him. :)

The thing is that Alsonso was a lot faster than Trulli and he wasn't even trying hard. So chances are pretty good that Fisico would have been faster as well. He might have had a broken board or a bad set of tyres or both...

Might've, shmight've. He wasn't, even in the first stint. 8) ;)

"It was disappointing not to make it to the chequered flag, but I had a difficult afternoon. The car was not very well balanced at the start of the race, and after my first stop, I lost a lot of front downforce: I think something broke. I was up to two seconds slower than the race pace, and the car was understeering everywhere; so there was no grip at all. As for the collision, Webber got past me into turn 14, then I overtook him again on the straight afterwards. I was ahead, and he was on the outside when he took his line into the corner. As I was braking, the rear of the car slid and Mark had left no margin for error, so we collided. For me, it was a racing incident."

Reverend said:
It was very hot yesterday at the circuit here.

Which means you should've seen what some of the girls were wearing!

What? They were actually wearing *something* on such a hot day? :oops: That is cruel.

Reverend said:
It was very hot yesterday at the circuit here.

Which means you should've seen what some of the girls were wearing!

needpics.gif

Back