1. dizietsma

Banned

Looking far back as 26th Feb 2004 ( true almost 4 days ago ) and quoting Evan Lieb, nvidia's employee of the month ...

http://www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.html?i=1979&p=3

Recommendation: 128MB PowerColor Radeon 9600 Pro, DVI, TV-out

"Ever since the release of the ATI R300 cores and their later iterations, ATI has either led or has had a clear lead over NVIDIA in terms of performance and price."

Runner-up: 128MB ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

"Another video card that we suggest taking a close look at is the now 18-month old 9700 Pro, still a great card to this day."

I'm glad I did spend the 4 seconds it took to be honest to dig this out ...

Kyleb , your repost ?

2. kyleb

Veteran

i must say you proved me wrong on that count. however, i still stand behind my beleif that anandtech video reviews have been blatently slanted in nividia's favor for the past 6 months.

3. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Give me a bit of time to dig up the thread that Evan came by and discussed some things with the community, we'll see how long your opinion lasts. :lol:

I'll hunt it up in a bit, I'm too busy with the kids for the next few hours. :)

4. Natoma

Veteran

That's as much as I can get out putting my two 512s at 2-5-2-3. That and the gigabyte 8knxp doesn't support voltages higher than 1.6. It's using the voltage regulations for prescott. :)

5. ninelven

Veteran