nVnews

Sazar said:
what started the whole issue was people who seemed to have half the info and/or had just been let go started posting negative comments on various forums... once these posts came to light it naturally pissed some people off (not just mods mind)...

For the record, I haven't seen anyone who was formerly associated with nV News airing dirty laundry. Oh sure, you can find some things that can be construed as negative, but nothing explicit or derogatory.

What also interests me is that these people who say "they only have one side of the story" may not have all the info either. They certainly don't know what another person knows or not...the only persons who can claim full knowledge are MikeC and the people directly involved IMHO. No one else has any business telling other people that they don't know what they're talking about. BTW, this isn't directed at you.

ultimately if we don't like it we can move and that is what some people did... the whole point is that since it was such a nice board and plenty of people spent a lot of time there - like in a favourite pub - once the attitudes change and it doesn't feel right or free to be there you'd like to say goodbye and say why, just for a glimmer of hope that the good ol days will come back... but well they never do... so come to pastures new ;)..

what we need here is more smilies not to need to import them from somewhere else...

StealthHawk said:
Sazar said:
what started the whole issue was people who seemed to have half the info and/or had just been let go started posting negative comments on various forums... once these posts came to light it naturally pissed some people off (not just mods mind)...

For the record, I haven't seen anyone who was formerly associated with nV News airing dirty laundry. Oh sure, you can find some things that can be construed as negative, but nothing explicit or derogatory.

What also interests me is that these people who say "they only have one side of the story" may not have all the info either. They certainly don't know what another person knows or not...the only persons who can claim full knowledge are MikeC and the people directly involved IMHO. No one else has any business telling other people that they don't know what they're talking about. BTW, this isn't directed at you.

thats my point exactly...

there are lots of rumours et al floating about and all of a sudden the NVN community is the fallguy...

its very easy to say r3d is bad coz of whatever reason or nvn or even segments of b3d... stuff happens... things get said... we move on...

Sazar said:
there are lots of rumours et al floating about and all of a sudden the NVN community is the fallguy...

That's just it. I don't see people blaming the community!

Anyway, I'll just shut up now since I found some depressing threads.

StealthHawk said:
Sazar said:

That's just it. I don't see people blaming the community!

Anyway, I'll just shut up now since I found some depressing threads.

I spose it depends what you check...

anyways.. gonna go check out the other threads now :) who knows... might meet up with you in another thread :)

Seems to me John Reynolds made perfect sense in that thread. I dont like to use the word "owned" in internet forum arguments.. but it fits in this case. He presented himself in a very professional way, and his posts were to the point, and factual. I dont want to sound like a suck up, I dont even know who he is, dont recall seeing his name before yesterday. Ill wont be skipping over any of his posts though, I enjoy reading his posts.

Im amazed at how mad some people get. :?

What?!? I don't visit NVN for a few short months and now both Baron and Stealth, my two fave mods, are gone from there? I would ask what happened, but somehow I doubt I would get an answer. I'll settle for when did that happen?

sazar..... oh nevermind.
well id say the lack of ATI card reviews by nvnews...(why didnt they get published..? ) oh never mind.....
And or the owner ship of ATI cards ( by the mods)... oh nevermind.... You know what they say at the zoo " dont feed the monkeys" , but they are so funny when they touch them selves...
oh nevermind. :?

The saddest thing about that thread was seeing that Sazar has turned into a completely different person..

I guess thats what happens when Zealots take over a Site throw out the knowledgeable people and then let you be on the "inside"..

Makes you feel all warm and Fuzzy eh? :rolleyes:

I find it most funny that suddenly people who have been upstanding members of a Community are suddenly labled Foul. When as far as i can see the only people who have changed are the owndership and senior members of Nvnews.

To deny that is nothing but a damn lie.

tamattack said:
I stopped visiting NVN around the time that Volt left...
Yeah Volt Did a Review and it ended up making the ATi card look better.

He was ordered to change it, refused to.. and the rest is History.. (Thats some honest journalism for you. :rolleyes: )

Now suddenly People like Vamp and others (sazar etc) are claiming that it was becuase he was doing "sub standarfd piss poor work" or some nonsense like that. Apparently Baron, and Strealth etc have "problems" as well.

I actually wonder if some people lie to themselves so much that they actually start to beleive it? or perhaps they just never look in the mirror ever again.

Hellbinder said:
The saddest thing about that thread was seeing that Sazar has turned into a completely different person..

I'll fess up... I am damn annoyed @ the crap over the past few weeks...

I've been buzzed all day HB... and unfortunately that equates to being a bit more blunt than I normally would be...

nothings perfect... there are undoubtedly things that could have been done better or handled differently but thats not my call m8...

Hellbinder said:
tamattack said:

He was ordered to change it, refused to.. and the rest is History.. (Thats some honest journalism for you. :rolleyes: )

Now suddenly People like Vamp and others (sazar etc) are claiming that it was becuase he was doing "sub standarfd piss poor work" or some nonsense like that. Apparently Baron, and Strealth etc have "problems" as well.

I actually wonder if some people lie to themselves so much that they actually start to beleive it? or perhaps they just never look in the mirror ever again.

fyi... I have nothing whatsoever against any of the mods... I have never claimed any of the mods have ever done substandard work (past or present mods)...

I got steamed @ volt because he was posting negative comments on other forums and then stirring up matters @ nvn... prior to that I had nothing but respect for volt and conversed with him on the IRC channel on occasion...

the only reason I have bothered to continue posting in this thread is because I don't feel that everything is unilateral... and to give you guys a punching bag :)

Hellbinder said:
tamattack said:

This is a total lie Hellbinder you are posting here. I have the receipts for mailing Volt a Prolink 5900 I purchased for him when he was sent back to Poland from the U.S. last spring. I also sent him $50. bucks to help pay customs tax. Volt receipt of the card was very well documented because it had the flickering problem. Volt whined and cried in my forums about the card until the flickering fix came out. He never gave me a review of this card let alone a comparision review. From his forum posts at the time he did not have an ATI card. This is so easily documented I the don't know why you would want to put yourself in this position of publicly exposing yourself and others.

I'm currently an active member of nvnews so you know where I stand. I'm probably not one of the intelligent who have left, as mentioned earlier, so obviously most of my post here will not make much sense.

My viewpoint on the matter is that nvnews has changed because of external factors. In the era of the GF4 when nVidia was a shining example to the world and had the best video card product out there nvnews was a lot "fairer " than today and a lot more tolerant. Rage3D was a bit of a backwater and fairly dull.

Howerver the 9700 Pro appeared and suddenly the world had changed. The poor repressed fanATics had a surge in spirit and numbers and scented victory. When an uprising occurs then twice the retribution is paid back to the opressors. To make things worse nVidia made poor hardware and poor marketing decisions. nVidia could not be got at directly so nvnews with it's moniker would do instead ( somewhat similar to Hitler wanting to invade Stalingrad because it contained the name of his foe ).

So we had people like Hellbinder, Joe De Furious, Digitalwanderer and Doomtrooper constantly appearing in the forum to beat out their anger of nVidia on people who also wanted nVidia to do the right thing. You can imagine the way they did it as well, it a very loud mouthed and uncouth manner.

So it is no wonder people became hardened to all this and therefore people like JR and DB also get painted with the same brush. Like I say the repressed tend to get very shirty very easily when they seem to be being undertrod by big brother. And that is what you appear to be, from R3D to EB to even B3D it now appears to nvnews regulars everyone has jumped on the anti nvidia bandwagon and is just waiting to stick the knife in. It's called paranoia.

Hope may be at hand though. If NV40 is fantastic then more people will buy it , possibly ? , and there will be more people at nvnews who have not become hard bitten and things will mellow out again.

Hellbinder and Digital will still come over spouting , Hellbinder I assume saying that all the sites that say the nv40 is better are Nazi's ( his own words ) , but I would imagine JR and DB will not be tarred with the same brush.

If nv40 is worse then maybe nvnews will drift away and you will have one less nvidia site to pity and laugh at.

Cheers

You didnt really need to post any further after
"Howerver the 9700 Pro appeared and suddenly the world had changed. The poor repressed fanATics had a surge in spirit and numbers and scented victory"

You use the fanATIcs word as though there's an exclusive party thats fanatic yet it's precisely you that is fanatic. You treat a graphics card brand like you're thugs supporting a football team (etc). Whats next, put on pointed hats that cover your face and go round burning PC's that don't conform to your way of assembly?

On the other hand I really see a good business opportunity being missed here - Nvidia and ATI holiday camps. Start the day off with a few dawn chorus Brand chants before breakfast. More Brand chants but with full marching equipment (PC in a backpack). Lunch with brand labelled utensils, hats and bibs. Afternoon of "find the PCI-E" chip thats hidden somewhere in the 5 mile forest. Evening meal - more chanting followed by an evening of Game clip movies and bed.
And all for 4 times the price of a normal holiday package because fanatics can't be seen to not be in the "club". :LOL:

THe_KELRaTH said:
You didnt really need to post any further after
"Howerver the 9700 Pro appeared and suddenly the world had changed. The poor repressed fanATics had a surge in spirit and numbers and scented victory"
I also enjoyed
dizietsma said:
nVidia could not be got at directly so nvnews with it's moniker would do instead ( somewhat similar to Hitler wanting to invade Stalingrad because it contained the name of his foe ).
and
dizietsma said:
If nv40 is worse then maybe nvnews will drift away and you will have one less nvidia site to pity and laugh at.

Overall, not a bad post. One group of, shall we say, people with emotional ties to certain hardware, are feeling bad that another group of same has better punchlines in the suxors/roxors race and are dreaming of days to come when the tables are turned (or at least brought to the same continent).

Pity the nonbelievers who are caught in the crossfire. Oh well, catholic, agnostic, what's the difference.

I don't agree, but then again I only lurk in the nvnews and haven't caught any arrows heading either way yet.

{Sniping}Waste said:
Its not NVnews but a few that start the bad treatment there. The two in the thread was Malfunction and Nforce man. Look at what Malfunction did to Skuzzy there and I belive he is a DEV too. I can see why the ppl who know what there talking about are leaving there and the same thing with rage3d too. Both are being overrun with fanboys.

Rage3D since the beginning of time has been a cesspool of ATi people completely undermining what nvidia did / does. nvnews was pretty decent, not alot of morons and civil discussions, now it's about on par with Rage3D in the fanboy arena.

Both have ChrisW as one of the leaders of the mindless ATi drowning to the fullest extent. I'd actually like to see a discussion about the NV40 and R420 that doesn't end up in the following:

Mindless ATi moron said:
NVIDIA CHEATS AND WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO MAKE ANOTHER GOOD PRODUCT AND THEIR BOARDS CAN'T DO DX9 AT ALL!!

Mindless Nvidiamoron said:
omg quack3.exe and bad driver support ati sucks!!

That, in a nutshell is how every debate on either card coming out from either company ends up. It's disgusting.

Folks, they're videocards. They're not going to tuck your children into bed, or pump your gas.

Back