NVIDIA to NGOHQ: stop distributing modified drivers

Well, you had to click the agree button on the EULA popup window to download the drivers, so I could see that causing some problems eventually...
Meh... It's not as if you need an EULA to outlaw (re)distribution of a (derivative) software work without permission anywhere in the 'Western' world (including Israel). Oh, the silliness...

That being said: Unless they're absolutely ridiculous, I think the companies should (and do?) leave mods and tweak tools alone to as large an extent as possible. I'm sure some lawyer, without too much effort, could find something to pin on things like RivaTuner and the DH Mobility Modder if they put their mind to it.

i don't really think nvidia themselves is making these drivers this bad. i swear they have a double agent from ati making the drivers shitty so that less nvidia products will sell.

[rest deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:
[Deleted verbal diarrhoea]

my point was that if nvidia hasn't caught this double agent, then they should allow ngo drivers to change their drivers for good since they let some undercover ati agent fuck up their drivers for bad.

my point was that if nvidia hasn't caught this double agent, then they should allow ngo drivers to change their drivers for good since they let some undercover ati agent fuck up their drivers for bad.
Could you try phrasing that again, in a non-idiotic form please? :|

You see now Digi what happens when you smoke too much dope? :D

Heh.

While I agree there might be some problems with Nv's software quality (hardware sure kicks tail though) but I don't think I believe this talk about a double-agent in their driver department...

For one thing: how much damage could a guy do in a division that surely numbers in the dozens if not more.

Anyway:
Why do these guys have to redistribute the ENTIRE DRIVER?

All they can fiddle with anyway is the infs since the rest is binary. Why can't they just have people download an inf and a batch file or somesuch that repackages NV's own driver with the new inf. Nothing NV can do to stop that plus it would save them a lot of server bandwidth.

Peace.

Peace.

Did no one catch the irony that the NVidia drivers included a popup stopper, but then when you went to download the drivers you had to click on a popup window? :LOL:

Anyway, this is just some internet drama. I would think that just .inf files would be fine - that is how laptopvideo2go distributes them. It sounds an awful lot like they are upset because they aren't getting free stuff.

Back