NVIDIA shows signs ... [2008 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks dbz for the updated chart.

Can you please update this chart with the 2015 Q3 & Q4 and 2016 Q1 data.

JPR just released the 2016Q1 AIB numbers.

http://www.jonpeddie.com/publications/add-in-board-report

Here is a question I am struggling to find an answer to: does JPR report volume or value share?

BTW, July SHS is out: 10x0 cards installment base is at 1.26% (pretty impressive after 3-6 weeks on the market), Fury (0.10%) and RX 480 (0.12%) also make a debut.

talking about mobile

some benches

http://videocardz.com/62790/geforce-gtx-1070-mobile-and-radeon-r9-m480-benchmarks-leaked

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1070-Mobile-3DMark.jpg

Here is a question I am struggling to find an answer to: does JPR report volume or value share?

BTW, July SHS is out: 10x0 cards installment base is at 1.26% (pretty impressive after 3-6 weeks on the market), Fury (0.10%) and RX 480 (0.12%) also make a debut.

Fury was already there earlier but it looks like the driver changed identifier from 'AMD Radeon R9 Fury' to 'AMD Radeon R9 Fury Series'. From the listing of DX10 and up:
AMD Radeon R9 Fury Series 0.05% (+0.03%)
AMD Radeon R9 Fury 0.00% (-0.03%)

I must be doing something wrong as I don't quite understand how the modern cards appear to make up a larger percentage of DX10/Vista cards than DX12/Win10?
DX10
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 0.30%
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 0.33%
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 0.03%
AMD Radeon R9 Fury Series 0.05%
AMD Radeon RX 480 0.06%

DX12
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 0.26%
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 0.28%
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 0.02%
AMD Radeon RX 480 0.05%

Either way, looking good for Pascal, and holy sh*t at how Steam users adopted 980 Ti over Fury.

Fury was already there earlier but it looks like the driver changed identifier from 'AMD Radeon R9 Fury' to 'AMD Radeon R9 Fury Series'. From the listing of DX10 and up:
AMD Radeon R9 Fury Series 0.05% (+0.03%)
AMD Radeon R9 Fury 0.00% (-0.03%)

I must be doing something wrong as I don't quite understand how the modern cards appear to make up a larger percentage of DX10/Vista cards than DX12/Win10?
DX10
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 0.30%
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 0.33%
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 0.03%
AMD Radeon RX 480 0.06%

DX12
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 0.26%
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 0.28%
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 0.02%
AMD Radeon RX 480 0.05%

Either way, looking good for Pascal, and holy sh*t at how Steam users adopted 980 Ti over Fury.
There's been talk about those numbers, there's definitely something very wrong with them at least for AMD.
Look at R9 200 series (which includes everything from 270 to 295X2) for example, it has less users than OEM-only HD 8800 -series? That simply cannot be true, no matter how you look at it.

Well it is a subset of total video card purchases, so yeah it wouldn't be the most accurate, but going by that, I would think you won't see much change in over all marketshare in the coming quarters either. And JPR's latest numbers show that AMD isn't really making much ground and nV has been able to retain its current lion's portion of it.

Well it is a subset of total video card purchases, so yeah it wouldn't be the most accurate, but going by that, I would think you won't see much change in over all marketshare in the coming quarters either. And JPR's latest numbers show that AMD isn't really making much ground and nV has been able to retain its current lion's portion of it.
Point being it can't be accurate even for Steam, no matter what their statistics say. Both R9 200 & HD 8800 -series are sold as OEM, R9 200 as retail too, there can't be any doubt that R9 200 has sold more than HD 8800. And then there's the retail part - from those buying their discrete cards from retail definitely are more likely to use Steam than those who just buy OEM machines, both of these favour R9 200 as being far more popular, yet it doesn't look like that in Steam.

Newegg is now sending out emails to past customers of the 970 advising of the class action lawsuit and to expect further notice from them on how to claim. I actually got one for my wife's 980 as well but they later sent another email stating that was incorrect :)

Newegg is now sending out emails to past customers of the 970 advising of the class action lawsuit and to expect further notice from them on how to claim. I actually got one for my wife's 980 as well but they later sent another email stating that was incorrect :)
That too? I know they sent about AMD/R9 class action being false, but about 980 too?

Well, it's not all good news for Nvidia. They've cancelled the update to the Shield tablet (http://techreport.com/news/30517/nvidia-cancels-refreshed-shield-tablet ) which means it's likely that's the end of the line of their own tablets. Shield TV is likely going to be in a similar position.

Since they got the contract for the Nintendo NX SOC, they may no longer feel like they need to market their own device to make sure that Tegra gets used in a consumer device (non-automotive).

Regards,
SB

Well, it's not all good news for Nvidia. They've cancelled the update to the Shield tablet (http://techreport.com/news/30517/nvidia-cancels-refreshed-shield-tablet ) which means it's likely that's the end of the line of their own tablets. Shield TV is likely going to be in a similar position.

Since they got the contract for the Nintendo NX SOC, they may no longer feel like they need to market their own device to make sure that Tegra gets used in a consumer device (non-automotive).

Regards,
SB

Considering Tegra revenue was up 4% QoQ and 30% YoY..I don't think the cancellation is of any significance really.

After the handheld and the tablets I would be thrilled to see Nvidia pushed out Android gaming laptops based on SOCs that could not meet the power requirements of devices with lesser form factors.
Software (games) would be lacking but it is something that would interesting and get furthernattention on their products. Not expecting huge sales though but did their previous products achevied that?

laptops based on SOCs that could not meet the power requirements of devices with lesser form factors.

I thought they basicly only sold the Tegras for considerably *larger* form factors (cars) these days... ;)

(which I also think was SB's point - they are leaving the tablet market, not the financial significance (which is rarely there when you choose to leave))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back