Nvidia kills 3x and 4x SLI with Pascal *spawn*

What about multi-monitor?
Tough luck, only benchmark apps get 3- & 4-way SLI. Of course 3 and 4 will work if the game dev makes the effort for it through DX12 for example, but that's not SLI anymore

I have a feeling even today it's primary use is benchmark applications. I just wondered whether there was a >2 GPU in a commercial sense, albeit a very small segment. Also, is the multi-gpu capability in Windows 10 limited to 2 GPU's?

I have a feeling even today it's primary use is benchmark applications. I just wondered whether there was a >2 GPU in a commercial sense, albeit a very small segment. Also, is the multi-gpu capability in Windows 10 limited to 2 GPU's?
Windows doesn't care how many display adapters you have

So pretty much dead and killed except for benchmark wars.

And only relevant as long as no updated benchmarks come out, as I doubt Nvidia will bother to make sure 3/4 way SLI works for anything new that comes out. Although I suppose they might still enable it if it just happens to work with no effort on their end.

Other than that as others have mentioned support for more than 2 Nvidia GPUs will depend entire on support in game/benchmark engines going forwards.

Regards,
SB

They couldn't even top 20K? Pft...

Back