NVIDIA Kepler speculation thread

Will be interesting to see how AMD's pricing reacts, on the surface the 7970 will eventually have to end up at 400 or below. I have a feeling AMD will be stubborn about denying the inevitable for a while again though.

I really don't think AMD will want to compete that much with Tahiti in that price segment. Facing off 680 with a card that is just inherently (considerably) more expensive to make is not sound business, and AMD cannot really throw money away for brand recognition.

I think it would be entirely reasonable for them to just keep the price higher than it should be, and make less of them, and more of Pitcairn. Concentrate on the segment where they have a winner, not the one where they lose.

What I don't understand is that AMD always said their boards were as long as they are due to the routing etc they needed to get their memory speeds so high, so how is Nvidia managing to keep 6000MHz RAM speeds with a much shorter board on the 670?

I think somebody at GAF already saw one at a Fry's for 399.99. they wouldn't sell it to him because it was before street date.

But that seems to confirm the $400 rumors.

Good luck finding one in stock anytime soon, anyway.

Will be interesting to see how AMD's pricing reacts, on the surface the 7970 will eventually have to end up at 400 or below. I have a feeling AMD will be stubborn about denying the inevitable for a while again though.

I fail to see how AMD's current pricing is excessive.

What I don't understand is that AMD always said their boards were as long as they are due to the routing etc they needed to get their memory speeds so high, so how is Nvidia managing to keep 6000MHz RAM speeds with a much shorter board on the 670?

They did? I thought their cards were big to accommodate big coolers.

Are you thinking GTX 670 is going to be faster than GTX 680??

Are you thinking GTX 670 is going to be faster than GTX 680??

I think his logic is that if the GTX670 comes out a bit faster than the HD7970 (as the results are showing in that tweaktown preview) and is priced at $400, then the HD7970 will eventually have to be re-priced as such.

I think his logic is that if the GTX670 comes out a bit faster than the HD7970 (as the results are showing in that tweaktown preview) and is priced at $400, then the HD7970 will eventually have to be re-priced as such.

The tweaktown preview is full of it, no-one else (to my knowledge) has gotten GTX680 to be faster than 7970 in Metro, they run their tests without AA and only couple games with AA, and it seems the 7900-drivers are old as hell

a bit faster than 7970 is a gtx680 :LOL:

The tweaktown preview is full of it, no-one else (to my knowledge) has gotten GTX680 to be faster than 7970 in Metro, they run their tests without AA and only couple games with AA, and it seems the 7900-drivers are old as hell
a bit faster than 7970 is a gtx680 :LOL:

I started that post with "I think his logic is" and made no further judgement.
I have no idea either those results are on par with others or not.
No need to shoot the messenger.

Well considering some reviews on some sites with "retail" and not "press provided" GTX 680's are showing that they gap is smaller between the GTX 680 and 7970 than previously thought, depending on the quality of the GPU on the card...

Anything faster than the 7970 is also going to be potentially faster than the GTX 680.

Regards,
SB

Are we assuming that equally performing nVidia and AMD parts are valued the same by the market? I wonder how well Tahiti is selling right now....Dave? :)

I think we can all agree that Nvidia is the stronger brand. Ask 100 people who have no idea about graphics cards what they would buy and the answer will most likely be "Geforce/Nvidia" for the most part.

Actually if you ask 100 ppl who have no idea about graphics cards you'll probably get 'i have no idea' as the most common answer.

Perhaps but what I mean is that among people with no idea, they probably mostly don't care. I've no doubt that Nvidia has a bigger legion of followers.

Are we assuming that equally performing nVidia and AMD parts are valued the same by the market? I wonder how well Tahiti is selling right now....Dave? :)

Yeah cause there's so many examples of Nvidia parts selling for much more than their performance bracket dictates...oh wait...

VR-Zone: "How the GeForce GTX 690 is a Prime Example of NVIDIA Reshaped?" (There's a typo in "The decision to rebrand GK107 into GTX 680/690 was made." Also I thought the HPC event will be on May 14, not May 10.)

It doesn't matter so much if it is three or seven days to go. I thought GK110 was a part of this fall season NV portfolio. I will be glad if I'm proven wrong. :D

Hip hip hooray if "GK110 will debut in just three days". :oops:

Very nice article with few inaccuracies, maybe similar to Charlie's approach to catch plagiarism. :mrgreen:

It doesn't matter so much if it is three or seven days to go. I thought GK110 was a part of this fall season NV portfolio. I will be glad if I'm proven wrong. :D

Hip hip hooray if "GK110 will debut in just three days". :oops:

Very nice article with few inaccuracies, maybe similar to Charlie's approach to catch plagiarism. :mrgreen:

That should just be the briefing and whitepaper to prep HPC players on the upcoming changes for fall of this year.

Regards,
SB

Back