New samples in 2.0:
  • Blended Antialiasing Sample
  • Cascaded Shadow Mapping Sample
  • Conservative Rasterization Sample
  • Normal-Blended Decal Sample
  • Weighted, Blended, Order-independent Transparency Sample
NEW:Blended AA
  • Category: Performance, Visuals
This sample implements a two-pass additive blending anti-aliasing technique using Target-Independent Rasterization (TIR), which should give comparable results to MSAA with a reduced memory footprint.

Docs
BlendedAA-screenshot.png

NEW:Cascaded Shadow Mapping
This sample implements the cascaded shadow mapping technique using Viewport Multicast and Fast Geometry Shader.

Docs
csm.png

NEW:Conservative Rasterization
  • Category: Visuals
This sample demonstrates the pixel-level effect of enabling the conservative rasterization feature supported in OpenGL. It allows applications to shade every pixel whose area is touched by a fragment, rather than only those touching specific samples.

Docs
conservative-screenshot.jpg

NEW:Normal-blended Decal
The Normal Blended Decal Sample demonstrates how to use the OpenGL PSI(Pixel Shader Interlock) feature to blend normals when drawing screen-space decals. This sample compares the performance of PSI with glMemoryBarrier.

Docs
normalblendeddecal-screenshot.jpg

NEW:Weighted, Blended Order-independent Transparency
Weighted Blended OIT Sample demonstrates how plausible OIT (Order Independent Transparency) can be rendered in a single geometry pass without any depth sorting, as described in [McGuire and Bavoil 2013]. The idea is to use additive blending to compute a weighted average of the translucent colors with a weighting function that falls off as the linear depth increases. This sample compares the quality and performance of Weighted Blended OIT with Depth Peeling.

weightedblendedoit-screenshot.jpg

Docs

https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks-opengl-samples

Do you really need to spam open up a new thread for each and every Gameworks-related demo/tech/news that come out?

I get that these may be interesting, but the Gameworks stuff could be done as updates to a single, general thread.

Then every kind of demo/tech stuff has to go into a single huge thread. Does not seem to be the policy yet.

Then every kind of demo/tech stuff has to go into a single huge thread.

No, only Gameworks-related stuff would go into a single and rather small thread with a little over a dozen posts.

I think it's great that somebody puts this stuff in here, as I don't have the time or motivation to look for it myself. Whether it's a new thread or not: who cares...

Back