NV47 Doesn't Exist

Seems Nvidia is trying to mislead everyone like they did with the Nv4x..

8x2 architecture. ;)

uh, I don't think a 24 pipeline NV4x card ever existed. it all depends on how you defend pipelines...

oh god, here come the extreme pipeline jokes. anyway, I'm not sure that L'Inq is right at all about this. plus, it's entirely possible that NV47 = new NV50 and old NV50 = NV60.

--edit--jesus, that scared me. I have an exam at 8:30AM. the post time showed 8:40 AM. I freaked out, then realized that I forgot to change my board time for daylight savings time. phew.--/edit--

I'm still trying to figure out if he is being complimentary or snide with this quote:

The knowledgeable 3D community gathered at Beyond 3D forum has talked about the Nvidia chip codenamed NV47 for a while.
EDITED BITS: Good luck on the java exam Baron!

DaveBaumann said:
Fudo has only just today hit upon the notion that R520 is 90nm, when in previous reports he was convinced it was 110nm...

Can't believe i'm kinda defending him ..

while we will see some of chips built with 90 nanometres in 2005

He kinda did get it right though .. even if he does/did think the R520 will be 110nm.

It is pretty funny to hear that Nvidia doesn't have a NV47 though. Like I speculated .. Maybe Nvidia got hold of some numbers of the R520 and realised that the NV50 couldn't cut the mustard .. and so decided to dump it.

US

NV47 certainly existed in some of ForceWare drivers (not in infs but in dlls themself), so i think Inq isn't right this time around. Whether we'll see NV47 or it'll come out as NV50 remains to be seen :)

EDITED BITS: Good luck on the java exam Baron!
Took me an hour and a half, and it was a three hour exam. :p Aced it (one of those tests where you know your program works so you get full credit).

--edit for content and on-topicness--

DaveBaumann said:
Fudo has only just today hit upon the notion that R520 is 90nm, when in previous reports he was convinced it was 110nm...

Dave's brain said:
Fudo, please, stop being stupid. Just come on.

DegustatoR said:
NV47 certainly existed in some of ForceWare drivers (not in infs but in dlls themself), so i think Inq isn't right this time around. Whether we'll see NV47 or it'll come out as NV50 remains to be seen :)

The Baron said:
Took me an hour and a half, and it was a three hour exam. :p Aced it (one of those tests where you know your program works so you get full credit).
cheer.gif
cheer.gif
cheer.gif

Congrats, keep them grades up! :D
DaveBaumann said:

Dave's brain said:
Fudo, please, stop being stupid. Just come on.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

DegustatoR said:
There're also NV48, NV4E and NV4F. Any idea on what the latter 2 might be?

991060 said:
DegustatoR said:
There're also NV48, NV4E and NV4F. Any idea on what the latter 2 might be?
*silly rumor time* PS3? */silly rumor time*

seriously, maybe mobile or pro-level parts (Quadro with the bajillion extra ports and such).

--edit--actually, waitaminute. weren't there references to an NV2A (Xbox chip) in some drivers?

maybe someone should listen to what nVidia CEO is saying in this moment..;)
unfurtunately I'm at work now..

nAo said:
maybe someone should listen to what nVidia CEO is saying in this moment..;)
unfurtunately I'm at work now..

To paraphrase, I'd guess he's saying something like this:

Jen-Sun said:
Blah, blah, blah...Sony...blah, blah, blah...GPUs...blah, blah, blah...revenues...blah, blah, blah..techology etc etc.

:p

Someone deleted my post.. what's going on? If someone here don't want me to post just say it and I'll stop. o_O
BTW... this is not the first time.

Back