Nuclear tests

Thats an amazing video.....I'm especially find the shots of the warships interesting. The one clip that stands out the most to me is the one on the deck of the ship with the dummy and the one inside the ship (where the nuclear blast tears the ship to shreds). Its funny that these experiments go on (we'll not really funny). Almost as if there testing viable situations where a nuclear ship would be used on a fleet of ships :?:

PC-Engine said:
Why do you think the moon is disposable? Because we don't know much about it?

More disposable than our own atmosphere, hell yeah!
If i had to choose between getting radiocative fallout on my head or getting a new crater on the moon, i'm sorry to say, it's the moon.

london-boy said:
PC-Engine said:
Why do you think the moon is disposable? Because we don't know much about it?

More disposable than our own atmosphere, hell yeah!
If i had to choose between getting radiocative fallout on my head or getting a new crater on the moon, i'm sorry to say, it's the moon.

Yes but the whole point is to see what these baby's can do, how much destruction they can create down here. Making a crater on the moon is old news - been going on for billions of years.

Reading this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/world/2003/nuclear_fuel_cycle/mining/default.stm
is good stuff about the enrichment and bomb making process.

I always wondered why in here 2005 there hasn't been at least one terrorist plutonium bomb test or attack.

It must be harder than they say.

Not a whole bunch of movies, but alot of information and pics can be found at the Nuclear Weapon Archive.

BravoC1024c10.jpg

Cheers
Gubbi

Gubbi said:
Not a whole bunch of movies, but alot of information and pics can be found at the Nuclear Weapon Archive.
Heh, I was planning to post that link. It's a great resource on history and current status of nukes. :D

I find the subject of nuclear bombs, detonations, and war to be a surprisingly interesting topic. I just hope nuclear attacks remains in the realm of theory from now on.

I recommend the documentary movie "Trinity and Beyond". It's about open air testing from 1945 to the mid-60s. There was a torrent, if you can still find it.

Oh, and l-b, sending nukes to the moon wasn't possible in that timeframe. Rockets weren't powerful enough to send a payload weighing several tons all the way there. And even if they could, it'd have been impossible to measure the results and effects which were the point of the testing. (Well, usually that was the point. Some tests, such as the 50 meg Tsar Bomb, were a political statement of power rather then a test of science and engineering.)

ZoinKs! said:
(Well, usually that was the point. Some tests, such as the 50 meg Tsar Bomb, were a political statement of power rather then a test of science and engineering.)

Obviously. Just a big "My nuclear wardickhead is bigger than yours" game. At the expense of the planet. :(

Back