NPD October 2007

Honestly, why do PS3 owners ignore high quality titles like Ratchet and HS? They should be thirsting anything good, but they're letting down the exclusive games instead...

Outside of the SDF running around forum to forum, majority of the PS3 owners are also 360 owners and tend to pick the 360 games. Anytime there is a PS3 exclusive, there are also 360 games available that may prove more desireable due to many factors. For cross platform, we know that story by now.

Just remembered, PS3 also has UT3 and Haze coming. The first may sell above 100K, but Haze is going to fall flat on its face with COD4, HL2 and Halo3 all selling pretty well. Uncharted has all the world's weight on its shoulders...

Your explanation seems to be the only one, by the way; even though if someone can afford the extra cash for a pretty expensive second console then he/she should have plenty of money for the exclusive games as well...

The X360 does have the best software lineup for the holiday season, there can be no doubt about that any more.
That's like saying Halo 3 is the best game this year.

Outside of the SDF running around forum to forum, majority of the PS3 owners are also 360 owners and tend to pick the 360 games. Anytime there is a PS3 exclusive, there are also 360 games available that may prove more desireable due to many factors. For cross platform, we know that story by now.

Madden and GHIII sales are enough to disprove your multiconsole theory.

Just remembered, PS3 also has UT3 and Haze coming. The first may sell above 100K, but Haze is going to fall flat on its face with COD4, HL2 and Halo3 all selling pretty well. Uncharted has all the world's weight on its shoulders...

Your explanation seems to be the only one, by the way; even though if someone can afford the extra cash for a pretty expensive second console then he/she should have plenty of money for the exclusive games as well...

The owners who have the cash for such also likely have full times jobs and a social network outside of gaming thus their time is limited. It's not a cash issue.

So if you can comfortable afford both and have the spare cash for games, you still have to budget your time. If you can only play avg of 5-6hours a week, chances are you won't be stacking up games.

Err no it's not, it's reality. 360 does have the best s/w lineup this fall. 360 s/w sales back it up month after month that it is the best platform for next gen gaming.

Err no it's not, it's reality. 360 does have the best s/w lineup this fall. 360 s/w sales back it up month after month that it is the best platform for next gen gaming.

If sales decide what software is best, Halo 3 should be the best game, actually much better than most other so called AAA titles.

If sales decide what software is best, Halo 3 should be the best game, actually much better than most other so called AAA titles.

Well going by sales or reviews that still puts the 360 at the top of the heap with their software line-up.

I realize that it is a personal opinion, but the general perception puts 360 titles in a league of their own.

When Laa-Yosh says the 360 has the "best software lineup", it has nothing to do with game of the year.

This is the NPD thread. He's talking about appeal to gamers. If you don't get that, then there's no reason to make useless remarks here.

Disgusting. I would never invest a cent into a company that deceives like this.

There's no deception, it's simply poorly phrased. If they averaged 148k per week in October and doubled on this to 100k for all consoles per week...then the new number would be 300*4 = 1.2M total for a 4 week month whereas Oct was 591 toal.

See how that's "doubling" and actually dropping in sales (148k->100k) isn't doubling?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=30646
According to an AP report, Sony said it was selling between 30,000 and 40,000 PS3 consoles per week prior to the October 18 price cut and introduction of the 40GB model.

In the week ending October 29, sales rose to 75,000. The next week, sales rose to more than 100,000.

So much for "deception" eh?

So if they hang at 100k that's 400k in Nov and 500k in Dec (5 wk month). Chances are they'll climb from 100 in Dec.

I have 7 BD movies and 0 games. There are many many owners like me I guess.

Same here, 25 BD movies, 0 games. It's launch price was more in line with a home theater component than a game console, so I suspect there are more of us out there than people would expect.

i knew the "100k for all Sony consoles" seemed fishy... it just didn't make sense considering they said the PS3 sold 30-40k/week previously, so 100k for PS2 AND PS3 is actually the same. i think gamesindustry is right... 100k for the PS3 seems more logical imo. thats what CNN reported as well.

Back