Not open for further replies.
ps2 27.5k
GBA 22.5k
XBOX 21k
NDS 16.5k
GC 11.5k
RE4 31.9k

http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/7/18897.html

美國市調公司 NPD Techworld 於日前發表了 2005 年 1 月份的美國地區遊樂器主機月銷售數據,甫發行的 NGC 超級強作《惡靈古堡 4(Bio Hazard 4 / Resident Evil 4)》成功奪下當月銷售冠軍。

根據 NPD 所公布的資料,1 月份美國地區電視遊樂器遊戲的銷售金額為 3.77 億美元,比去年同期微幅下降 100 萬美元,比起黃金檔期的 12 月份(16.9 億)則是下降了 78 %。

在遊樂器主機方面,1 月份的銷售冠軍為 PS2 的 27.5 萬台,之後依序為 GBA 22.5 萬台、Xbox 21 萬台、NDS 16.5 萬台以及 NGC 的 11.5 萬台。在遊戲方面,以平台區分時,是由 CAPCOM 的 NGC《惡靈古堡 4》31.9 萬套的銷售量獲得當月銷售冠軍,如以跨平台合計,則是由 EA 的《傭兵紀元(Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction)》PS2 與 Xbox 版合計 38.3 萬套奪冠。

I'm not spinning the Cube in a negative light. I was just demonstrating that all of those people who thought RE4 would move hardware were wrong. Overall, RE4 seems to be doing ok sales wise and will probably break a million units world-wide. It's a shame that the 6th best game of all time (according to gamerankings.com) is just barely going to sell a million units though.

At this stage of the game, I highly doubt any one game can make too much of an impact on console sales. Most people who are still buying consoles at this point are either buying their 2nd/3rd console choices, or simply are not that into gaming. Personally, if I did not have a GC already, I don't think I would buy one just for RE4, even tho it may be an awesome game. Windwaker was the reason I bought GC. I still have not had much desire to purchase an xbox but I may buy one at the end of its lifecycle just to complete my collection.

Johnny

To be honest saying RE4 will probably break 1 million worldwide already shows a lot of negativity. Its sold a lot better then RE or RE0 in its first month despite being released in January and both RE or RE0 broke 1 million worldwide.

BTW, if you really want to keep insiting that RE4 has had no effect at all on GC sales then I think you should take a look at past sales of GC in January ;)

pahcman

I don't understand what you just posted there.

Now I'm not going to defend johnny but Teasy, do you really need to be so sensitive with everything related to the cube? I mean, saying he's showing a lot of "negativity" because he used the word "probably" is just, I dunno, a little annoying.

He's just stating the obvious over and over again to get on your case. Yet, you keep falling for it. I think you need to learn to "let it go". you don't need to defend everything on the gamecube, all the time...

Quincy

I wasn't complaining about Johnny being negative. I was just disagreeing with the comment in his last post "I'm not spinning the GC in a negative light". So sensitivity really doesn't come into it. Also I'm not falling for anything, just posting my opinion. If its annoying to you then you don't have to read it. What's a little annoying to me is your advice, which is a bit patronising IMO.

Teasy

I never said a word about "complaining" and I think you are being sensitive consideirng you want to pick out a single word from a post. IMO you ARE falling for it, again and again. he's just saying it over and over again to bother you.

you know what, he's right. RE4 failed to move significant hardware. Despite being a great game. So what? move on, who cares... and yes that was patronizing.

I still say that it would have sold gamecubes , just the news of it being ported to the ps2 killed any chances of that

You didn't need to use the word complain. You made it sound as if I was complaining about Johnny's negativity and so being too sensitive. When in fact I was just disagreeing directly with one of his comments.

The rest of your post is just the same old word twisting games and not worth responding to. Here's some advice for you, mind your own business. Your advice is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit :LOL:

IMO you ARE falling for it, again and again. he's just saying it over and over again to bother you

What are you on about? He made only one comment to johhny about console sales and that means hes falling for something again and again?

In my opinion your whole post was made just to annoy Teasy.

Anyway back on topic. I was checking around and dug up the complete sales of RE and RE0 on GC in all territories. Since people often want to know what they are I might as well post them here:

Resident Evil:

First month/week (US/JP):

US - 145,000
JP - 119,019

Total:

US - 490,000
JP - 267,470
EU - 482,530

Worldwide - 1,240,000

Resident Evil 0:

US - 113,000
JP - 190,394

Total:

US - 441,000
JP - 400,750
EU - 348,250

Worldwide - 1,190,000

Resident Evil 4:

US - 319,000
JP - 145,000

You didn't need to use the word complain.

I never used the word "complain" in my first post. I quoted you man. Please get your facts straight.

The rest of your post is just the same old word twisting games and not worth responding to.

whatever teasy. keep spinning for all I care.

Teasy said:
Anyway back on topic. I was checking around and dug up some info on sales for past GameCube RE games in the U.S if anyones interested.

Resident Evil 1 - May 2002 release:

First month - 145,000

Total US sales - 490,000

Resident Evil 0 - November 2002 release:

First month - 113,000

Total US sales - 441,000

Resident Evil 4 - January 2005 release:

First month - 319,000

Total - ?

Goood find Teasy, I was going to PM you with the numbers but you beat me to it. Console sales spiking in January? After the holiday expenditures? I'll wait & see if there's an increase in Feb., & the selling of used & refurbished GCs definitely had a substantial increase. (have an acquaintence that manages EB)

Overall, RE4 seems to be doing ok sales wise and will probably break a million units world-wide. It's a shame that the 6th best game of all time (according to gamerankings.com) is just barely going to sell a million units though.

Just okay huh? Last year only 1 game managed to break the 300k barrier, NFL Street on the PS2 which debuted itself in Jan. (333k) Let's not downplay its sales for the slowest period for software sales for the entire year, I expect at least another 500k or more in the next two months.

Edit: Teasy, RE4 is over 185k in JPN now, their initial shipment btw.

When is the next Zelda out? I'm sure it will sell well but I doubt it will help to move many GCNs. By the time it comes out, we could very well be in full swing of Xenon/PS3 or maybe even Revolution hype.

Ty said:
When is the next Zelda out? I'm sure it will sell well but I doubt it will help to move many GCNs. By the time it comes out, we could very well be in full swing of Xenon/PS3 or maybe even Revolution hype.

Q4 2005 in Japan, perhaps Q4 2005 - Q1 2006 in Europe and North-America. It's strange really, Eiji Aonuma is saying the title is already finished, but they will want to benefit from the winter season or make use of the extra development time to make the title as good as possible.

IMHO, it could shift quite a few GameCube consoles when it receives near perfect or perfect review scores. ;)'

Ty said:

The game is already complete. I guess they're waiting to release it at an opportune time. ;)

pot, meet kettle

yeah and you REALLY see me going around defending xbox everytime somoene says something I don't like or disagree with... Whatever.

anyway, interesting game sales numbers, but I dont think it caused a spike in gamecube hardware sales.

So, is Resident Evil 5 going to be exclusive or not? Will this depend on how well the GameCube version does? I can imagine Capcom's confidence being reassured in Nintendo when RE4 were to break a few records on GameCube. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back