Nintendo Switch sales numbers

My take away from all this is the Switch is available in the US for normal retail price at retail stores. I dont see it being supply constrained.

My take away from all this is the Switch is available in the US for normal retail price at retail stores. I dont see it being supply constrained.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. In my town of 5400 people our Walmart had 1 in stock yesterday, but after checking Brick Seek it looks like all my nearby stores are mostly out of stock.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/

Use the SKUs...

55449981 Red & Blue Joycon bundle
55449983 Gray Joycon bundle

Tommy McClain

WTF? So your suggesting you can walk into retail stores and buy a Switch in the US? If so, why would you think that because it's so far from reality I fell off my chair. To be fair I have had a few.[emoji12] seriously though, in the US, Switch has became harder to find, not easier over the passing weeks.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Because that was reality last week. When I looked at GameStop I could easily buy a Nintendo Switch with Game for retail price. No waiting list at all.

Now when I checked online I see they're having preorders for the 18th for retail prices.

WTF? So your suggesting you can walk into retail stores and buy a Switch in the US? If so, why would you think that because it's so far from reality I fell off my chair. To be fair I have had a few.
emoji12.png
seriously though, in the US, Switch has became harder to find, not easier over the passing weeks.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

That's false. prices have went down on ebay, gamespot had bundles for a whole week, had 359.99 bundles for 2 days, and yes depending where you live you can go into a store and buy a switch at retail, new york for example have plenty of stock.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. In my town of 5400 people our Walmart had 1 in stock yesterday, but after checking Brick Seek it looks like all my nearby stores are mostly out of stock.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/

Use the SKUs...

55449981 Red & Blue Joycon bundle
55449983 Gray Joycon bundle

Tommy McClain

Thank you for that link, that is a good source to quickly check inventory. My search resulted in a grand total of 2 Switch units in stock at a single Walmart out of many roughly 40 miles away. Considering Walmart is probably one of, if not the biggest retail partners Nintendo has, this is hardly convincing me that supply has met up with demand. Is it getting closer? Sure, but is that declining demand or increased supply? Japan saw a massive increase in supply for the release of Splatoon 2, and I would bet the US saw a similar increase. The July NPD will help us decipher this. Until you can walk into a random retailer of your choosing and purchase a Switch, just like you can with the PS4 and X1, then supply hasn't met demand. The fact that consumers are still buying Switch units over MSRP speaks volumes. If it were so easy to find, why would people pay $60 or more over retail? They wouldn't. I just checked Best Buy online and there is no stock for online orders. The insinuation that Switch is no longer supply constrained is ludicrous.

Japan has no stock anywhere. I wonder if Nintendo is actually selling switches in Japan because every store seems to have permanent "sold out - don't know when next shipment will be in" signs.

Amazon prices are still up 25+%.

http://www.istocknow.com/live/#devi...47.91800076618544, -128.69107605488284&zoom=3

you guys can check here state wide. stock is getting much better. or you can just go on ebay, you can get it for 340-345 with free shipping, thats pretty much retail price when you include 20$ shipping. of course these deals dont last long but there up like everyday for 2-4 hours on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Sw...876898&hash=item1a30da1d39:g:qJUAAOSwhvFZIQ9U

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-32GB-Gr...844643?hash=item1a326847e3:g:IfkAAOSw0cdZiOAI

They're not. The ebayers are buying from retail.

Why do eBayers seem to be getting better stock than major retail chains?

Scalpers, and people pulling credit card fraud. they know switch gets over retail value, so they put it on ebay. scalpers must have bought a ton because at the price its going for now there really isn't any profit with ebay fees+ shipping

But the retail price is the same as the eBay price AFAICS. So these guys would just be losing money. Even if buying at MSRP, $299 + %8 sales tax == $323. Typical prices on eBay seem $350-360. Less eBay's %10 cut, they're not making any money. And those with lots to sell clearly aren't buying them from retail. You don't order 30 Switches from Amazon or Walmart, at $380, and sell on eBay for $380.

:???:

But the retail price is the same as the eBay price AFAICS. So these guys would just be losing money. Even if buying at MSRP, $299 + %8 sales tax == $323. Typical prices on eBay seem $350-360. Less eBay's %10 cut, they're not making any money. And those with lots to sell clearly aren't buying them from retail. You don't order 30 Switches from Amazon or Walmart, at $380, and sell on eBay for $380.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/ just put zip code 10001 and sku 55449983 . There are 50 in stock at wal-mart in new york. professional scalpers have connections, how do you think some ebayers have 300-400 in stock, they pay retail. Then you have credit card fraud as well, people get gift cards/credit cards and buy the best item to sell.

Last edited:
Not all states have sales tax. I believe 4-5 states have no sales tax, so if these scalpers are buying them in these states they are only paying the $299.99. With that said I wouldn't bet against some shady store managers selling stock to an associate of theirs. Gotta have that side hustle. LOL If you use that brickseek link for checking Walmart, they are showing 16% of their locations have stock. I checked a Cleveland zip and came up with two units, and a Chicago zip came up with four units. The majority of Walmarts have zero on hand.

Just checked and no Target stores here have them. Also checked Walmart, Gamestop and of course Amazon. No stock in any local stores and no stock available to purchase (at MSRP) on the internet in those stores.

Gamestop at least gives an availability date of 8/18 for their next shipment drop but they will not sell them if they aren't part of a bundle. That makes sense since they make very little money on hardware. If the demand is still incredibly high compared to supply, they're going to want to take advantage of that by bundling higher margin games with it.

The Nintendo Switch still basically instantly sells out whenever stock arrives in the US at MSRP.

Demand is still quite significantly higher than supply but it's slowly getting better. 3rd party prices on Amazon have finally started to drop below 370 USD.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:

Some merchants will also use E-bay to sell stock at higher than MSRP under a pseudonym or sometimes even under their regular store name. They do this to not have their actual business associated with what some may consider predatory pricing. So they keep the reputation of their regular storefront intact (low prices perhaps) while at the same time benefiting from high demand of key items during situations such as this.

Regards,
SB

Just checked and no Target stores here have them. Also checked Walmart, Gamestop and of course Amazon. No stock in any local stores and no stock available to purchase (at MSRP) on the internet in those stores.

Gamestop at least gives an availability date of 8/18 for their next shipment drop but they will not sell them if they aren't part of a bundle. That makes sense since they make very little money on hardware. If the demand is still incredibly high compared to supply, they're going to want to take advantage of that by bundling higher margin games with it.

The Nintendo Switch still basically instantly sells out whenever stock arrives in the US at MSRP.

Demand is still quite significantly higher than supply but it's slowly getting better. 3rd party prices on Amazon have finally started to drop below 370 USD.

Regards,
SB

http://www.istocknow.com many stores have a good 5-10 nation wide
Some merchants will also use E-bay to sell stock at higher than MSRP under a pseudonym or sometimes even under their regular store name. They do this to not have their actual business associated with what some may consider predatory pricing. So they keep the reputation of their regular storefront intact (low prices perhaps) while at the same time benefiting from high demand of key items during situations such as this.

Regards,
SB

http://www.istocknow.com/live/#device.0=switch&brands=7,18,3,27,24,26,20,22,11,23,2,16&lowzoom=0&position=37.09024, -95.71289100000001&zoom=4 check target stores nation wide, many have good stock, site is pretty reliable, just check. As for switch selling out as it come in, idk about that, huge walmart had 51 in stock 6 days ago, now they have 36 left. as for ebay most auctions are pretty much near retail price plus shipping, and i think the people over paying just don't care and have expendable income, you can find a buy ut now at good price at 355-360 shipping included easy.

Last edited:
Back