Nintendo Switch sales numbers

According to Panic Button they are seeing a surge of Nintendo Switch port requests from third parties.

https://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-ports-panic-button/

Pretty interesting comments from the Panic Button Developer.

In the games we have published we’ve seen more sales on Switch than on PS4 and XBox One combined during the same period. Now every developer wants their game to be on the Switch.

I do know that Indie developers are doing amazingly well on the Switch compared to the PS4 and XBO.

Also the VP of publishing for Aspyr has commented that ease of development on the Switch is significantly better than it was on the Wii-U which makes porting games much easier.

Regards,
SB

I do know that Indie developers are doing amazingly well on the Switch compared to the PS4 and XBO.

It does sort of make sense that Indie games would do well on Switch. The portability works very well with a ton of the games Indies are producing. I recently purchased Skyforce Reloaded and have played over 15 hours so far, mostly during my lunch breaks while listening to the radio in my truck. Nintendo has vastly improved their Indie relationships. It was very poor back in the Wii days, improved significantly with the 3DS and Wii U (albeit development wasn't always easy), and now with Switch Nintendo has created an environment that is pretty darn attractive for Indie developers.

Panic Button seems to be making a living porting games to Switch. They are quickly becoming the go to developer for port, and will only become more and more proficient as time goes along.

What would it take Sony to port their Vita games to the Nintendo Switch?

What would it take Sony to port their Vita games to the Nintendo Switch?

What would the motivation be? Cash only? Sony does not really publish games on anything else than their own platforms, do they? Yes they have some MMO type stuff for PC, but that is another thing entirely.

What would the motivation be? Cash only? Sony does not really publish games on anything else than their own platforms, do they? Yes they have some MMO type stuff for PC, but that is another thing entirely.

Sony sold-off SOE (known now as Daybreak Game Company) and all its MMO's to Columbus Nova, back in 2015.

Reactions: JPT

I'm not just wondering about Sony's motivation, but also about the desire of the people Sony would have to try and sell that stuff to. I just don't see Switch owners clamoring for what used to be mostly substandard sidequels to prestigious PS3 originals. Sure, back when the Vita came out, the likes of Golden Abyss and Killzone Mercenaries were fairly impressive. But when you port them to a system that's loaded with GotY caliber, full-on console quality experiences like Breath of the Wild or Bayonetta, that initial wow factor goes out of the window completely.

if its region unlocked just like the global version, gamers probably will simply buy from eShop outside of china haha

This is China we're talking about. :p That'd be a major political win if Nintendo got the Chinese government to allow purchases for the device from any region in the world. Even Steam can't manage that.

That doesn't mean black market devices won't make it into the Chinese market.

Regards,
SB

Back