Nintendo Revolution Revelation on May 9, 2006

speng

Regular
External Link:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140464.html

Nintendo will absolutely, positively reveal the Revolution in all its glory. The Mario factory sent out a "save the date" e-mail this morning saying that in "a mere 165 days to go (give or take)" it will reveal "all the incredible details about Nintendo's upcoming games and hardware, including our next home console, code-named Revolution."
So when will be the Revolution's coming-out party? Unsurprisingly, it will be at next year's E3. Specifically, the console will be unveiled at Nintendo's pre-E3 press event, which is slated for 9:30 a.m. Pacific time on May 9, 2006. The venue will be the Kodak Theatre--home of the Academy Awards--in Hollywood, California.

Speng.

That's actually quite a ways away, given Sony officially announced the PS3 about a year before this date. I'm extremely curious about the release date, now.

Did anyone expect sg different? It was always a given that Nintendo will unveil its Revolution console at E3 next year. Was there even a shred of doubt?
Seriously, this is a no-news.

hupfinsgack said:
Did anyone expect sg different? It was always a given that Nintendo will unveil its Revolution console at E3 next year. Was there even a shred of doubt?
Seriously, this is a no-news.

Yea, but now it's "official" :LOL:

They might launch in October 2006. I'm personally betting on a 2007 launch for everyone except maybe Japan.

Nintendo have said that they're aiming for a worldwide launch (all regions within a month or so). If it is a 2007 launch everywhere but Japan then that would mean a Christmas 2006 launch in Japan. I doubt it but Its certainly possible. Interestingly enough with that release schedule a 65nm process should easily be possible for Revolutions chips.

Last edited by a moderator:
mckmas8808 said:
Is it the real 2006 or a fiscal 2006?

The US-Nintendo hotline says 2nd half 2006. I guess, it more or less safe to assume that'll launch in 4th quarter

Joe DeFuria said:
Yes, lots of companies put lots of "expected release dates" on their sites too. As I said, it's my guess that it won't be world-wide until 2007.

By that time (2007), both of the other consoles will probably have close to 20 million sold combined. I guess they are really banking on the '2nd console' idea.

expletive said:
By that time (2007), both of the other consoles will probably have close to 20 million sold combined. I guess they are really banking on the '2nd console' idea.

I don't think Nintendo is banking on the "2nd console" idea as much as they are banking on expanding the customer demographic. That being said, depending on how they handle the back-catalog of nintendo games (price wise), it could stand a decent chance at being the second console in my house. ;)

Personaly I think it would be bad for them miss the Xmas season fromm sales, Rev only based gamers , PR, large instalead PS3/XB base, but thoughts are free...and indeed many companys sufer from delays...

Back