New Super Monkey Ball for Revolution

xmu

Regular
SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (April 26, 2006) - SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA Europe Ltd. today announced Super Monkey Ball™: Banana Blitz developed by SEGA Studios for the Nintendo Revolution system. AiAi and all his friends have rolled their way onto Nintendo's new console with new mind-blowing puzzle levels and a wealth of new and exciting Party Games specifically designed to fully exploit the innovative Nintendo Revolution controller. Other titles will have a difficult time matching the multitude of possible variations in game control as presented in Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz.

Full press release here: http://www.sega.com/e3/2006/announcements_tp.php?item=pr_20060426a

Great! If you have lots of people around the Monkey Ball games are always a blast, I guess that will be even more true with the Rev controller. I also trust them to come up with plenty of unique minigames that fully use the new input possibilities.

This is the kind of games that does have the chance to show of the possibilitys of the controler with a lot of mini games and if price (console too) is cheap it can be great seller.

Why release Sega a boring game called "monkey Ball" why not Scud Race ++ or so?

Or has the Wii not enough power for that??

gamepower said:
Why release Sega a boring game called "monkey Ball" why not Scud Race ++ or so?
Maybe because Monkey Ball gameplay makes a lot of sense for the Wii?

Also if they wanted to release a Racer, they wouldn't have to make a choice between that racer and MB, they can release both.
gamepower said:
Or has the Wii not enough power for that??
Scud Race was running on a less powerful hardware compared to the Wii.
So, a Scud Race witrh better graphics is clearly possible on the new Nintendo Console, if Sega wanted to.

That said, if Sega decided to bring back Scud Race, I'd prefere it to be X360/PS3 exclusive personally. Or at least that a second team works on the PS2/Wii ports.

Vysez said:
That said, if Sega decided to bring back Scud Race, I'd prefere it to be X360/PS3 exclusive personally. Or at least that a second team works on the PS2/Wii ports.

Why? :???:

I'd love to get a new Scud Race port :cool:

Back