Ninja Gaiden 3

NG2 was vastly inferior to NG:B for a lot of reasons. Looks ilke the downward spiral is continuing.

A few more games and they'll have pulled a full on Sonic with this series (one good 3D game followed by a string of increasingly terrible trash).

I have to disagree there.

NG:B for me was the pinnacle of the series. The game was polished throughout where while I did enjoy NG2, there were points that I felt were rushed and disconnecting. I love both, but NG:B beats NG2 by a tad. Bayonetta is somewhere in there as the top of these kind of games for me. as well.

I'm mildly confused.

It appears we both agree that NG:B was the best in the series. Is your disagreement on the quality of NG2?

That's certainly valid a valid opinion if so. I found the camera so frustrating that I never even made it through the game. It's possible that if I had been more willing to forgive the camera I would have had more fun with the game overall. The fundamentals were definitely solid, but the close camera and large number of enemies that could hit you at range from offscreen ruined it for me.

I'm mildly confused.

It appears we both agree that NG:B was the best in the series. Is your disagreement on the quality of NG2?

That's certainly valid a valid opinion if so. I found the camera so frustrating that I never even made it through the game. It's possible that if I had been more willing to forgive the camera I would have had more fun with the game overall. The fundamentals were definitely solid, but the close camera and large number of enemies that could hit you at range from offscreen ruined it for me.

Nope you're right we do agree.
I should read more carefully especially after traveling for 21 hours.

Travelling is the worst. Being in transit for 21 hours is basically an automatic get out of jail free card for anything.

Timberwolf needs to travel his way into our Horde matches. We really need a full team at higher waves.

Timberwolf needs to travel his way into our Horde matches. We really need a full team at higher waves.

Router took a crap on me last night.
I will pick it up today when I get a new router and hope to see you guys tonight.

Time zone might be an issue, but I'm taking time off this week so I should be able to join you guys.

Ninja Gaiden 3′s Yosuke Hayashi On Making Ryu Hayabusa A Dark Hero
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/2...e-hayashi-on-making-ryu-hayabusa-a-dark-hero/

When we were talking at E3, we discussed the consequences of violence. The latest build has characters that run away from Ryu after seeing their friends fall at the hands of Ryu’s blade.

Yosuke Hayashi, Team Ninja Head: When we were thinking about what to do in Ninja Gaiden 3 and the future of action games, we didn’t think about having longer combos with more hits or adding more weapons. In order to make an action game that appeals to adults, we needed to have action and emotion. Something that would make a mature audience get out of the game and into the experience.

That’s an interesting decision because deciding not to kill enemies would lower a combo and perhaps a player’s score since you can’t use Ryu’s ultimate attack or the dragon transforming ninpo. Both attacks auto target enemies, even ones that are trying to run for their lives.

That was intentional. We’re presenting this story with Ryu Hayabusa as a dark hero and for players to feel it we need them to get blood on their hands. If you’re looking to play the easy way where you just use ninpo to clean up enemies without cutting anyone down that’s running away from the experience. We want players to feel a connection to Ryu and to do that they have to have blood on their hands too.

I think we haven’t seen or felt those yet since we’ve only seen the prologue stage and Team Ninja is known for creating challenging video games. What can you tell us about the tough parts? How are you going to make Ninja Gaiden 3 comparable to the other games in the series?

We’re definitely thinking about challenges and the difficulty level will be there for players that want a challenge. The way we’re thinking about difficulty is not just ranks, we want to work it into the game design. So, this title will play a little bit differently from past Ninja Gaidens.

For example, the ninpo we’re using now will heal you. Ryu Hayabusa turns into a dragon and eats an enemy, which restores health. That’s the first time we’ve done something like that in the series. If you don’t want to heal you’re not going to do the dragon transformation and if you don’t want to do that you can take on the challenge of not healing. Using those kinds of new gameplay elements where you feel a new challenge in Ninja Gaiden 3.

I wish they would take these "ideas" and implement them into a totally new IP.
What they're doing is NOT Ninja Gaiden to me and feels like the pupil trying too hard to do something different than the master.

It's really a shame as along with Bayonetta; Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 are the tops in the hack/slash/genre for me. The latest two "re-imaginings" of DmC and NG3 have disappointed with what has been released so far. I'm hoping that the Devil's Third and a Bayonetta sequel (please) will fill the void.

Jeez I really hate all those conjectures about NG3 gameplay & just because Itagaki was fired ... NG completely lack of gore, but the gameplay was a miles better than NG2, saved ironically just to the 'spectacular' gore, but now it's the core of the series :rolleyes: NG2 is far away than flawless & a big step back to the funniest prequel but not a single Itagaki fan 'screw' him for this. I bet my balls if Itagaki was the mind behind NG3, most of the criticism would became reason for enthusiastic claims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez I really hate all those conjectures about NG3 gameplay & just because Itagaki was fired ... NG completely lack of gore, but the gameplay was a miles better than NG2, saved ironically just to the 'spectacular' gore, but now it's the core of the series :rolleyes: NG2 is far away than flawless & a big step back to the funniest prequel but not a single Itagaki fan 'screw' him for this. I bet my balls if Itagaki was the mind behind NG3, most of the criticism would became reason for enthusiastic claims.

Unfortunately, that's not true in my case. The graphics are fine in my opinion although I don't like the toned down dismemberment and decapitations.

My qualms with the latest iteration has to do with gameplay changes that goes against the grain of what the series is known for. Slowdown Matrix style deaths and enemies that are more combo fodders that run away compared to the previous games where low tier enemies that could be truly dangerous and fast action hack/slash. Although NG2 maybe a step back in overall polish and quality, it had the fast action that NG was known for.

Additionally eliminating multiple weapons and classic moves also seems like a step back. Unless things have changed, my understanding is that they're aiming for only the katana as the main and only weapon for the game.

I wish they would take these "ideas" and implement them into a totally new IP.
What they're doing is NOT Ninja Gaiden to me and feels like the pupil trying too hard to do something different than the master.

It's really a shame as along with Bayonetta; Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 are the tops in the hack/slash/genre for me. The latest two "re-imaginings" of DmC and NG3 have disappointed with what has been released so far. I'm hoping that the Devil's Third and a Bayonetta sequel (please) will fill the void.

This. Really not diggin what they are doing with NG3 at all, then again I haven't heard/read much good for what he's added to the Sigma games so I'm not really surprised.

NG2 just lacked the polish of NG1, most likely due to Itagaki having one foot out of the door during development. Also that 'spectacular' gore added more to the gameplay than you are admitting here.

I'd bet my balls that if Itagaki was behind NG3, it wouldn't be the same game we're complaining about today.

This. Really not diggin what they are doing with NG3 at all, then again I haven't heard/read much good for what he's added to the Sigma games so I'm not really surprised.

NG2 just lacked the polish of NG1, most likely due to Itagaki having one foot out of the door during development. Also that 'spectacular' gore added more to the gameplay than you are admitting here.

I'd bet my balls that if Itagaki was behind NG3, it wouldn't be the same game we're complaining about today.

I'm not admitting nothing, sorry; I'm just said the gore added more the otherwise generic bland gameplay of NG2, but nothing better or equal to NG. I continue to find ridicolous all those criticism because was based on... nothing, just some video walkthroughs & this is the reason because I'm so irritated. What the hell shows that screw the NG gameplay core for the fans? I wait to try with my hands before to talk of something who I haven't touched in first person. & honestly what the hell of statement is it about sigma: 'I never heard something of good'; forgive me, but it's even false, because the critics never said something of so drastic about it from what I remember (audience fan a part) & I can said to have found sigma 2 better even of NG2 in different aspects; NGS, it was just more accesible & no more, never understood all those blames to Hayashi job. Sometime some criticism are even completely unsense & prejudcial with real fundamental, how the useless characters adding because their combat system are superficial & empty... what a total bullsh#t, the real problems of these parts it's more the duration, ridicolous short, but the system combat of the girls character it's far away to be superficial , indeed I'm surprised how were deep & different in the combo system. My apologies if I appears so 'involved' but I can't resist when I read something that appears so illogical to me.

While NG2 is not as polished as NG1, it has, to me, the best fighting engine of any game I have ever play. It was an improvement on the NG1 combat engine in everyway while NG3 looks to be a step in the wrong director.

I feel that NG was better paced and polished. NG2 had great but buggy gameplay, but ranked behind the original due to crap framerate at times. I will give NG3 a chance, but will not pre-order.

Hayashi has not proven to me that he can take a game from scratch. The Sigma games have been a mixed bag for me. The loading mid-levels for NGS were very disappointing considering that it was a port of the OG Xbox game and the removed gore from NGS2 felt like I was being treated like a kid (I want my M rated games darn it).

OTOH, I appreciated the increased resolution in NGS and the added characters in NGS2.
The new DOA5 looks to be a buy for me, so I'm not totally against the new Team Ninja. The game is not out yet, so there is a chance that they will retain what made the games great in the first place.

I'm not admitting nothing, sorry; I'm just said the gore added more the otherwise generic bland gameplay of NG2

Sorry stopped reading right here because you have no idea what you're talking about. NG2 have some of the best, if not the best, fighting mechanics for an action game.

Sorry stopped reading right here because you have no idea what you're talking about. NG2 have some of the best, if not the best, fighting mechanics for an action game.

Please, Bayonetta was just in an another dimension, but I have played so much NG to said even NGS it's better from this point of view. I'm not the only who think that, looking the metacritic score. We can discuss how reliable are the media review score,. of course, but a masterpiece remain a masterpiece for the general consensus. If even the media not give the same enthusiastic score of previous, or at least something pretty close, well, to me appear enough evident that something wasn't gone how expected. & honestly I'm waiting for a real founded criticism about NGS 3 but it's impossible because the game isn't coming out yet.

They also promised to add Move to the game, but if it's hectic like Sports Champions and Lights Out, it will probably be rejected by most people. If it uses small, quick movement like a Move FPS game, then it might actually be interesting.

They also promised to add Move to the game, but if it's hectic like Sports Champions and Lights Out, it will probably be rejected by most people. If it uses small, quick movement like a Move FPS game, then it might actually be interesting.

Please no.

If there are dead set in doing this, do a new IP. I don't want motion control in Ninja Gaiden whether it's Kinect or Move.

I don't know if it would suit the traditional NG gameplay, but the idea of almost any game that involves hacking, slashing and throwing things with Move controls sends tingles down my spine.

Please, Bayonetta was just in an another dimension, but I have played so much NG to said even NGS it's better from this point of view. I'm not the only who think that, looking the metacritic score. We can discuss how reliable are the media review score,. of course, but a masterpiece remain a masterpiece for the general consensus. If even the media not give the same enthusiastic score of previous, or at least something pretty close, well, to me appear enough evident that something wasn't gone how expected. & honestly I'm waiting for a real founded criticism about NGS 3 but it's impossible because the game isn't coming out yet.

I'm sorry but I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here. I also don't know what Bayonetta has to do with NG. LOVED Bayonetta, but I still thought the combat mechanics were better in NG.

If you're trying to say that NGB is better than NGS or NG2, I agree, however I'm strictly talking about the combat mechanic, in which case I think NG2 was the best of the bunch. You can have awesome mechanics but your game still lacks polish or balance.

Please no.

If there are dead set in doing this, do a new IP. I don't want motion control in Ninja Gaiden whether it's Kinect or Move.

Yup I agree. Motion controls should stay away from NG games.

Back