Ninja Gaiden 2

Yeah, the game looks good, though not really amazing.
But it's gonna be 60fps locked.
I wonder whether our next gen consoles are really able to render @60fps locked @720p... CoD4 is not 720p but it still looks extremly good (better than most 720p games IMO) with buttersmooth framerate.

Yeah, the game looks good, though not really amazing.
But it's gonna be 60fps locked.
I wonder whether our next gen consoles are really able to render @60fps locked @720p... CoD4 is not 720p but it still looks extremly good (better than most 720p games IMO) with buttersmooth framerate.

Errr...

GT5 anyone??

It is, but surely the point was PD can get 1080p at 60 fps then there should be little problem getting it done at 720p.

I am pretty sure they could have provided better visuals

Could they really at 60fps and 720p? Which all of that stuff going on. Seriously look at the stuff that is going on in those videos. DMC runs at that framerate but still isn't doing as much on screen. There really aren't many examples of that this generation. I'm sure they will improve but I don't expect anything drastic. I would like to eat my words though. GT5 is a car game. I would try comparing to other games that have hectic action going on on the screen like HS(30fps), DMC4(60 but enemies dissappear soon after being finished off) or COD4(which along with the fact that it's not real 720p one of the devs at IW said they are willing to drop to 30 if need be. Itagaki said in one of the recent interviews that he didn't like having to do this for the ninpo attacks* so you can't really expect him to do this else where.)

http://media.video.ign.com/ev/av.ht...rview_112607_flvhighwide.flv&object_ID=686645

http://www.gamespot.com/video/943273/6183376/videoplayerpop?

*I always thought the slow-mo was on purpose rather than being a framerate issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the first NG censored in the UK? I know they made some changes in Australia to allow it to be released, such as removing the decapitations.

Was the first NG censored in the UK? I know they made some changes in Australia to allow it to be released, such as removing the decapitations.

Yeah I think it was censored in Europe because of rules in a certain country, has banned at least 2 360 games already. This time Microsoft is the one publishing the title so they might just skip places that demand demand censorship of the game. If Dead Rising could be sold uncensored in your country I would expect the same with Ninja Gaiden.

Yeah I think it was censored in Europe because of rules in a certain country, has banned at least 2 360 games already. This time Microsoft is the one publishing the title so they might just skip places that demand demand censorship of the game. If Dead Rising could be sold uncensored in your country I would expect the same with Ninja Gaiden.

Hrmm... are the other Team Ninja games region free? Sony is really onto a winner with region free gaming. It allows us nasty people who enjoy beheading to enjoy gaming in all its violent glory :cool:

This game was recently listed as a February release. Sneaks up on you pretty quick, doesn't it?

Sony is really onto a winner with region free gaming. It allows us nasty people who enjoy beheading to enjoy gaming in all its violent glory :cool:

No it doesn't, even though the games are region free, the game still knows what region PS3 is playing it, meaning that Ninja Gaiden Sigma has no decapitations when played on a euro console... Which really sucks. I had the NA version on my Xbox1 with rolling heads and now the Sigma just feels wrong whit em sticky heads!

That's interesting - so if the game was, say, banned in Finland, and you imported, would it just not work?

I don't think they can do something as specific as that, and I don't think it makes difference between PAL-countries, but the content can vary between regions, for example if you buy NA copy of Resistance and play it on a Japanese PS3, some part of it are censored, but if you play Japanese copy on a US PS3 they are not censored, if I have understood the situation correctly.

No it doesn't, even though the games are region free, the game still knows what region PS3 is playing it, meaning that Ninja Gaiden Sigma has no decapitations when played on a euro console... Which really sucks. I had the NA version on my Xbox1 with rolling heads and now the Sigma just feels wrong whit em sticky heads!

Well my PAL PS3 plays Ninja Gaiden with head decapitations. Also Resistence has full violence AFAIK.

Maybe it depends where you live, in the UK anything goes basically as long as it isn't just gratuitous like Manhunt 2 (that's what the ratings are for I guess), but I know in Germany it's not like that.

Back