Ninety-Nine Nights Xbox 360 Demo Is Up

Hardknock said:
The problem comes in that you never say anything positive about the 360 or it's games. So people will tend to not take you seriously.
There's no rule that says you absolutely HAVE to say positive things about something, a person can be quite rational and reasonable only saying negative things. At this point in time, there really isn't all that much to be excited about the 360 anyway as most of the big name games have all been delayed or always scheduled to launch later. If a person don't like sports/driving games or (tactical) first-person shooters, the game library is actually quite shallow at the moment, and most of the remaining titles are admittedly fairly lacklustre, either from a gameplay POV or graphical.

I'm sure this will change later in the console's life just like it did with PS2 for example, but I don't really like the attitude you HAVE to be "balanced" somehow in your critique. IMO, it's enough that any negative criticism is based on reasoned thinking.

For this type of game the graphics are really nice
From the screenies I've seen, 99nights have the best graphics ever from a game in this particular genre. I downloaded the demo last night, but it got too late to actually play it so I haven't seen more than the first couple moments of in-game gfx. The dialogue scene between the guy and the girl looked decent enough I have to say; facial animation was a bit stiff, but that's true of most games. I like the design of their costumes; very heroic-looking sort of.

Guden Oden said:
There's no rule that says you absolutely HAVE to say positive things about something, a person can be quite rational and reasonable only saying negative things. At this point in time, there really isn't all that much to be excited about the 360 anyway as most of the big name games have all been delayed or always scheduled to launch later. If a person don't like sports/driving games or (tactical) first-person shooters, the game library is actually quite shallow at the moment, and most of the remaining titles are admittedly fairly lacklustre, either from a gameplay POV or graphical..

Thanks, finally someone who seems to understand my concerns :)

Here are too more screenshot (not made by me :) ):

2af1.jpg

1qg8.jpg

Another rubbish game from MS

Another rubbish game from MS, I wonder if we will ever get a decent game for 360, so far i've only played one decent game on this system.

I am losing patience with xbox 360. I Might put it on ebay and get my money back...

Jesus2006 said:
I'll give you an actual "screenshot" where you can see graphical glitches i mentioned:

http://nemesis.rushers.net/DSC00626_.JPG
Hey, how are you hooking a 360 up to a Sony TV? I thought they were restricting that kind of thing! :p

Hardknock said:
Actually you're criticism are pretty warrented. The problem comes in that you never say anything positive about the 360 or it's games. So people will tend to not take you seriously.
Also, not true! I have distinctly heard him mention that the 360 has a pleasing, hourglass figure and that you can replace the faceplate to make it even more resemble a fine woman. What's not to like about that? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
cthellis42 said:
Hey, how are you hooking a 360 up to a Sony TV? I thought they were restricting that kind of thing! :p
Well, I have my 360 hooked up to a Sony LCD, nothing's catched fire so far! (Touch wood.) :LOL:

I politely won't mention how damn hot the air is coming out of the 360 when it's been sitting there cooking in DVD mode on a warm summer day with fans on low speed for a good while and you then hop back to the dashboard again so they revv up to max... Oh lordy, it's decidedly uncomfortable to hold one's hand behind the vents on the back of it.

nismo123 said:
Another rubbish game from MS, I wonder if we will ever get a decent game for 360, so far i've only played one decent game on this system.

I am losing patience with xbox 360. I Might put it on ebay and get my money back...
:rolleyes: ...oh boy

but yes I agree this game looks to be more and more below average , it seems like koei got some competition.

I often find it interesting when people complain about 360's current lineup. If you didn't like FPSs, racing, action and/or sports games why did you buy it in the first place?

For me and lots of people GRAW, Oblivion, DOA4, FN 3, PGR3, Prey, Kameo, Condemned, NCAA, etc.. + XBL Arcade games were more than worth the price of admission.

Not to mention Dead Rising, Saint's Row, Lost Planet, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Too Human, Blue Dragon, Splinter Cell 4, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Enchant Arms, etc... due out before the end of the year....

Not bad. I've never played a game like this before, but it was pretty easy to pick up. It's fun to beat the crap out of a hoard of enemies. However, if the whole game is just about hacking and slashing large numbers of enemies and nothing else, I could see where it could get boring.

I think it looks ok. Not cutting edge, but not bad either. I think people have been looking at too many cgi videos so their expectations are a tad unrealistic.

Fun to play! but I somehow suck and die. The combos are cool. I'm hoping you get to fight bosses 1 on 1 and beat them with special combos and such. It's an entertaining game that would simply rock if it was 2player on the same console.

Hardknock said:
I often find it interesting when people complain about 360's current lineup. If you didn't like FPSs, racing, action and/or sports games why did you buy it in the first place?

For me and lots of people GRAW, Oblivion, DOA4, FN 3, PGR3, Prey, Kameo, Condemned, NCAA, etc.. + XBL Arcade games were more than worth the price of admission.

Not to mention Dead Rising, Saint's Row, Lost Planet, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Too Human, Blue Dragon, Splinter Cell 4, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Enchant Arms, etc... due out before the end of the year....

You always here that about this time in a new consoles life. It has been 5 years since the begining of a generation and people forget how limited games for new systems are for the first 9 months to a year. The only real exception for me was the dreamcast but that launched 1 year later in the USA.

The 360 should start hitting its stride starting august and steamroll from there. I expect the ps3 to not suffer from this as much because of the unofficial delay from spring til fall buying 6 months for developers.

i'm very curious about this one, as my best bud in florida has an xbox360 and i want to recommend it to him. An avid fan of the old Koei games (they still make ROT3K and stuff for the japanese and chinese markets! yay!), I was always let down by Dynasty Warriors, until my best bud got a hold of it. XD He, a big fighting game nut (who really liked them the simpler/faster the better, loved KI, Tekken, and the big brutes in SC) was like a kid in a candy store -- and we plowed through DW 3? i think it was in 2P mode. It was awesome. You can get so many cool plot points by helping each other out, and you killed SO MANY PEOPLE XD, and anyway. I think he'd really, really like this.

Hardknock said:

My wife and I have put in over 400 hours on oblivian between us. We've got our money's worth from that game a lone, then add PGR3, Kameo, and XBLA and it's more than earned it's place next to the TV. Can't wait to get a HDTV! :smile:

Some shots, Not very impressive honestly. The game suffers from some bad framerate and downright horrible lack of V Sync. The intro where the two main characters are talking is not in game, only the one after the tree scene below is. Also note that this game doesnt De-Interlace well thanks to the v-sync issues.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6017/7vo3.jpg

Hardknock said:
I bought mine to keep in the long run, that variety is bad right now isn't much of an issue for me right now. However, there are a bunch more genres on consoles than just the ones you mention, and most people don't reason the way I do. They want games they like available to them NOW, or else they won't buy the system.

But this isn't anything unique to the 360, most systems have more or less severe droughts initially. It was the same with both SNES, N64 and PS2 for example, and I'm sure others too.

Dot50Cal said:
Some shots, Not very impressive honestly. The game suffers from some bad framerate and downright horrible lack of V Sync. The intro where the two main characters are talking is not in game, only the one after the tree scene below is. Also note that this game doesnt De-Interlace well thanks to the v-sync issues.

Are these taken in 480p mode? Looking kinda worse than mine...:oops:

Hardknock said:

I dont think the issue here is that they are bad games. In fact they are very good. But atleast for me that is....most of these (Excluding some) arent the titles that would make me and many others impatiently want to get a 360. They are either just decent titles or multiplatform. Despite that I reckognise they are very good.

Guden Oden said:
I bought mine to keep in the long run, that variety is bad right now isn't much of an issue for me right now. However, there are a bunch more genres on consoles than just the ones you mention, and most people don't reason the way I do. They want games they like available to them NOW, or else they won't buy the system.
I typically don't buy a system until there's a good pile of games I want to play on it, but the 360 (and allegedly the PS3, tho we don't yet know how much) have one advantage, at least... Playable demos! Also, XBLA is a fun and cheap way to waste some extra time on your couch. ^_^

Of course, I don't care too much about demos... After all, with Gamefly EVERYTHING becomes a "playable demo" before you buy it. ;) Fully-featured, too! (You just don't get that early peek. :p )

Back