NieR: Automata [PS4]

This game have such dated look but it gets my attention. I played the demo and I totally like it while keeps bitching about the dated visual (brain! Just stop doing that please!)

Unfortunately all SQEX games are around 10-20USD more expensive than Sony games :(

SQEX games physical version around 1-5 usd more expensive than digital version.

So I guess I'll wait for a discount.
This one is actually cheaper than all other games for us. It's priced like a ps3 game. I mean, although the world had the same pricing of $60 for ps3 games and ps4 games, the prices for us increased form 2799 for a ps3 game to 3999 for a ps4. It pinches like hell since the ps4 launched.
Nier is priced at 2999 for us , so that's a huge relief.

the ones that are almost $20 more than the normal games are the CAPCOM ones for us. Capcom, Konami, etc. Mass Effect is also massively overpriced as of now.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apparently , a freind says the game is out in SOuth east asia today and no walk in copies are available as all sold out in pre orders. I had no idea it had different release dates.

Just watched some gameplay on Twitch, and wow, this game looks really good and nuts. I like how it is constantly switching between third person OTS, overhead view, side platformer view, etc. And it all flows so well. And that first boss battle. Very cool. Second boss battle not as impressive but still cool.

Wish I was younger, I'd pick this up in a heartbeat. Too old for these fast action twitch reflex games though. Thank goodness people are willing to stream or record VODs of the playthroughs though.

Once it hits a really good Steam price, I might just get it anyway just to give the devs some money for making such a cool game.

Regards,
SB

hopefully its also easily modded. and someone made an awesome visual/objects/texture/etc mod that stay true to the original design and some that goes all the way bonkers (basically like various skyrim visual mods).

currently this game looks too much like a PS3 game :(
and it needs 4GB of VRAM minimum right? i only have 1gigs....

doh

i wont be able to enjoy the mods

Game has higher metacritic than Nioh ! and the surprise Horizon . I was expecting a good game but not this high scores ! 90 on metacritic currently !

Game has higher metacritic than Nioh ! and the surprise Horizon . I was expecting a good game but not this high scores ! 90 on metacritic currently !

I wouldn't put too much thought on Metacritic scores. Horizon has almost 100 positive reviews and 4 "mixed", total score 89. Whatever that means. Nier has 45 positive reviews and zero negative or mixed, total score 90. All a bit out there trying to compare them :)

According to metacritic GTA4 is the best game ever made, with an "Oscar worthy plot", so yeah...

Ontopic: I need to get Horizon or this game..

Ontopic: I need to get Horizon or this game..

Life breaking question :mad:: after playing Horizon I can tell u its awesome but the reviews of Nier say its mindblowing too. If I had to choose between the two I would die instead. Thank god I will be done with Horizon soon and can get Nier then !

I'm very much enjoying the game, and the only thing that I get annoyed at is death penalty mechanic. This is a stylish charachter action game, not a freaking roguelike. When I die I am much likely to go back to main menu and reload the game then RISK the traversal back to my dead body where I can retrieve my combat chips. Dying while on route to the body is a big NOPE.

Sold out everyhwere in my country, not that we recieve many copies but still. Only way to buy it is to buy the PSN version as of now.

Steam doesn't sell it in my country, psn is expensive, physical have too many scalpers.

Btw the steam forum is full of people hating it due to denuvo. Can't they just buy the game and crack it?

I think I cracked most of my single player legit games and they works just fine. No steam achievements and stats tho.

Anyway, still lamenting to buy Nier or horizon...

Started playing this yesterday, and so far I'm just loving it. Wished the framerate was a little more solid in places, and I cannot exactly deny that it can look rather dated at times. That's about it in terms of complaints though. It does the Doom 2016 / Resident Evil 7 / MGS5 thing which I just about value above all else in games: it feels fantastic. Unlike similar games such as DMC4 with its just-frame maneuvers and MGS Revengeance, the controls aren't particularly complex or hyper dependant on perfect timing, so the wavering framerate is more of a cosmetic problem than an actual hindrance to playability. It also makes up for its technical shortcomings through the sheer force of imagination and style. The animations are absolutely fantastic, and so are the character designs. I just love the way 2B looks in her frilly dress. Very cool robots as well, although beating up the little guys almost makes me feel bad as they're really quite adorable.

This really seems to be Platinum firing on all cylinders again, and If Bayonetta ever ends up being ported to the Switch that'll be the time I'm getting one.

Maybe I should save my money I was going to spend on ME and get this now on steam. $40 equivalent on steam for us.
But then I played some persona last night and now all my heart wants is Persona 5 ! lol, what a jumping jack I am with games :p

Dont watch that review: it spoils surprises not shown elsewhere. Too many friends are asking me to ditch all games and get this. Guess this the way to go

Back