NieR: Automata [PS4]

Famitsu only scores between the 37/40 and 40/40, but aside from that, it looks really interesting.
The story is weird but connected in a cool way:

Famitsu only scores between the 37/40 and 40/40, but aside from that, it looks really interesting.
The story is weird but connected in a cool way:
Well the very issue of famitsu has review scores that are 30. Anyways, still far away from launch.

Would love tto watch that videeo but damn it's half an hour long :O !

Famitsu rates based on advertisement and "respect" for the fanbase of any particular franchise. You can release the biggest pile of shit and get top scores as long as your game has Final Fantasy in the title. You'll never see them slam a big title. See scores like 39/40 for Resident Evil 6. What an industry paragon that game was, ey? Pretty sure they never even denied that.

They basically have to do it that way because very few actually buy the bloody mag. It's weekly and it's ridiculously expensive. People tend to just grab it from the shelves, flip through it, see the stylish advertisements, and then they put it back. Games retailers also display the review pages right next to the games they wanna sell.
Besides, the bodies of the reviews are laughably insubstantial and usually filled with with empty catch phrases, making you question whether the critic has ever touched the game in the first place.

To further illustrate my point, here's a typical Famitsu review in its entirety:

"9 - With three different character types to choose from, as well as many different Commands and Styles, there was an amazing variety with what you can do in battles. When the Commands you can use increases, you can choose your own way of fighting the battles which gives a nice feeling of freedom. The boss battles were quite lively and exciting, and you can have fun with the direction of them."

This is one of the four reviews to Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. (the other 3 aren't any better) Anyone could have made that one up without ever touching the controller.

You wouldn't have gotten away with an "essay" like that in grade school.

Last edited:
It's a three sentence review. How much could you possibly lose in translation in a case like that. Okay, so maybe it sounds a bit less dry in its mother tongue. But you can only pack so much information into something that barely exceeds the character limit of a tweet.

It's a three sentence review. How much could you possibly lose in translation in a case like that. Okay, so maybe it sounds a bit less dry in its mother tongue. But you can only pack so much information into something that barely exceeds the character limit of a tweet.

But the point of Famitsu is that you usually have quite big features of the big games (like Birth by Sleep). The four short scores are just a small part of the coverage of a game.

http://gameidealist.com/news/taro-yoko-yosuke-saito-explains-game-length-variance-nier-automata/

This is something new. An Early ending comes at the 10 hour playtime but QA guys take 25 hours to end the story quests without doing side missions. There are multiple ends that come at different playtimes. What does that mean?

Maybe it's a little like this: MGS5 had an 'ending' after Act1 (with credits playing right?), there was another ending after Act2. Both endings could be achieved without doing side missions.

But the point of Famitsu is that you usually have quite big features of the big games (like Birth by Sleep). The four short scores are just a small part of the coverage of a game.

I know. But that doesn't really change the fact that people probably oughta stop heralding the magazine as a credible reviews outlet.

This game have such dated look but it gets my attention. I played the demo and I totally like it while keeps bitching about the dated visual (brain! Just stop doing that please!)

Unfortunately all SQEX games are around 10-20USD more expensive than Sony games :(

SQEX games physical version around 1-5 usd more expensive than digital version.

So I guess I'll wait for a discount.

Back