Next Generation Hardware Speculation with a Technical Spin [2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time to have backward compatibility as standard.

The thing is... apparently the CPU tech is going towards ARM like architectures... are we going to have it with PS6?
well as long as it's x86, compatibility should still be ok ;)

I'm not arguing against it. Again, I don't care either way. I'm trying not to project my own feelings onto the broader market, but I don't really see people lamenting the lack of user upgradeable internal storage in the Xbox One and this leads me to believe that most others are indifferent to the presence or lack of this feature as well. Maybe, I'm wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's just the next internal power supply. The right people make noise, Microsoft bends over, Microsoft PR splashes it in everything (see see, look what we did, we are listening, do you like us now....). Next up, controllers with integrated batteries. Lather rinse repeat.

Do you think Sony will ever fix their controllers to have user replacable batteries?

Do you think Sony will ever fix their controllers to have user replacable batteries?

It takes no more than ten minutes to replace the DS4 battery, it's very easy. If you've done it before, it's more like 5 minutes. :yep2:

It takes no more than ten minutes to replace the DS4 battery, it's very easy. If you've done it before, it's more like 5 minutes. :yep2:
The idea is while playing, if your batteries go dead you can quickly swapped some new ones in. The next-gen solution would probably be a trap-door accessible battery pack, but could still use high density lithium instead of AAs, if it was felt desirable.

It's not worth rehashing that same discussion in this thread though. We know everyone's very personal views and it has little bearing on the real hardware of the next-gen consoles.

In adoredTV's latest video "Ryzen 3000, Radeon 3000 Series LEAKS - It's Game On!" he details some Navi performance measures, without any CU count. But one of the GPU's he specifies as a "theoretical PS5" part that was "too good to be true". I can't give you guys a link yet (because of my post count) but he starts talking about it at 00:20:50

What happens when you type a link?

Don't hear anything about PS5 when talking about Navi cards.

Last edited:
Okay. Details actually aren't "too good to be true". He suggests GTX 1080/RTX2070 performance, and only quotes other people as calling it "too good to be true" before suggesting it's very reasonable.
a very reasonable performance target for 2020 given the price points that the market can stomach.

Thats early 2016 level of performance, in late 2020, when talking 1080 level, as i assume navi wont have hw rt etc falling short of 2070.
$399 right =P
I'll take it if it comes with RT. Without, I'll stick to my X1X until mid-gen. I'm not fully convinced we'll see dramatically different games as a result of more TF and some more memory.

So this guy claims to have insider knowledge about MS's strategy. Basically a discless streaming box and a traditional physical box, both using Zen 2 and AMD's next gen "upcoming gen" gpu and releasing at the same time as Sony at 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back