News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!!! The console is almost exactly like the mock-up shown here in the forum time ago.

ps4xb1.jpg

Ok, I've watched the conference. It was quite more boring and dull than Sony's conference back in February.

Good news is that Final Fantasy XIV is exclusive, The Order looks kinda good to me, and for those that value no DRM, no limitations to single player and no online checks sounds great.

Online gaming is not free anymore.

Compared to Microsoft's conference, they came up short. Xbox One's conference impressed me the most, everything looked more like next gen to me, despite the fact the console is less powerful. It was "wow" after "wow", while Sony's was a bit so so...

The true MEGATON of Sony's conference was PS4's price.

I think Microsoft MUST send the Xbox One to the drawing board again. :)

Seems like PS4 Eye is not included in the system bundle and will sell separately for $60.

Also looks like Sony will give PS4 Eye the same love they gave PS3 Eye, so that likely will mean nothing of interesting or wide-spread adoption of the tech inside of games. :(

You can either have a huge console with a good cooling solution or a small one with high pitched fans that's prone to overheating. I prefer the former.
You can always have an expensive and small console with multi-layer nanocarbon heat spreader...
But 399 is a pretty good incentive for the additional few inches :LOL:

I really want to know if they went with a single scirroco fan, or with the fun double counter-rotating stuff...

Seems like PS4 Eye is not included in the system bundle and will sell separately for $60.

Also looks like Sony will give PS4 Eye the same love they gave PS3 Eye, so that likely will mean nothing of interesting or wide-spread adoption of the tech inside of games. :(

PS3 Eye got a lot of love through Move. I agree in general that not being in the box is a shame. But if mms game is not canceled, we'll see.

They will have to paint the entire user experience before the launch. It's still scattered all over the place. Perhaps they are not ready to show yet.

I'm pretty sure the PS4 Eye is included along with a DualShock 4 & a basic Wired Headset.

$60 is the price of additional DualShock 4 Controllers.

I'm pretty sure the PS4 Eye is included along with a DualShock 4 & a basic Wired Headset.

$60 is the price of additional DualShock 4 Controllers.

Nope. PS4 Eye is sold separately for $60.

DONOTWANT.GIF

PS4 EYE is not pack in. Thank goodness. hope they kill that thing for good.

Or they could not kill it, and allow those of us who actually enjoy some of the content cameras enable to do so. God forbid choices.

Anyway, some nice pictures up on the PS Flickr Page.

A couple of things to note. No A/V multi-out, they appear to have gone HDMI (and digital optical) out only.

I also don't see any obvious location for the user access to the HDD. Which could mean no user replaceable drives, or it could be under that vertical mounting stand I just noticed.

In none of the pictures do a I see anything resembling that metallic speaker grill we saw in the teaser video. And that includes the bundled headset which they have a close up of.

9011342661_f14091b419.jpg

9012525924_811cc88f97.jpg

9012441834_20d80eef0d.jpg

9012524988_3a0ea550f8.jpg

9012524856_124cec947b.jpg

9012443456_7b886905e3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like the bad guys ship from independence day, if said bad guys shaped their ship like the PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back