News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as the price is announced and I can get a pre-order in, I'm there.
According the this news the price of the PS4 and its availability is going to be announced during the E3.

I expect a worldwide launch from Sony this time around. MS did that during the X360 generation and it was a huge success. I have never been a fan of delayed launches and release dates being region-dependant.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/05/so...lity-expected-to-be-announced-during-e3-2013/

If they try to pull a worldwide distribution for this thing at launch, I fear there might be a shortage here. :-/

Pre-Christmas shortage is pretty much guaranteed. I'm wondering whether to buy one now or wait for them to work the kinks out in a minor revision.

I expect a worldwide launch from Sony this time around. MS did that during the X360 generation and it was a huge success.I have never been a fan of delayed launches and release dates being region-dependant.

A worldwide launch is the best thing to do IMO.
Also EU is PlayStation's stronghold which is why Soyn should not leave us behind, again.

Hypothetically, if I pre-order from Amazon as early as possible, will they somewhat be honouring orders which came earlier first?

If that's the case, I will just order from Amazon (been shopping from them for a while and have never been disappointed).

I don't know how pre-orders and console shortages work, I've never bought a console at launch. Would retail honour earlier pre-orders compared to later ones (I doubt they would, just asking)?

Hypothetically, if I pre-order from Amazon as early as possible, will they somewhat be honouring orders which came earlier first?

If that's the case, I will just order from Amazon (been shopping from them for a while and have never been disappointed).

I don't know how pre-orders and console shortages work, I've never bought a console at launch. Would retail honour earlier pre-orders compared to later ones (I doubt they would, just asking)?

Yes, earlier pre-orders are fulfilled earlier (that's the entire point, no?). I thought about trying something like this with the PS3 but had no money back then. Plus, someone got shot with a gun over it, so I have no taste for that kind of stuff.

See here: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-6138896-7.html and here: http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/03/north-carolina-deputy-kills-suspected-ps3-thief-and-his-dog/

That's partly why I want to use Amazon, because then it's just mail delivery and I don't have to worry about lugging the beast all the way home (have to be in the US for a couple of years at least, not taking any chances in the area I'm in NJ... it's not too bad, but I'm taking the risk averse approach :)).

That's partly why I want to use Amazon, because then it's just mail delivery and I don't have to worry about lugging the beast all the way home (have to be in the US for a couple of years at least, not taking any chances in the area I'm in NJ... it's not too bad, but I'm taking the risk averse approach :)).

In that case, be sure to keep your eye on NewEgg and Buy as well. You may have a chance at scoring a pre-order in their first allocation.

They should forget about the touchpad and instead totally redesign the UI specifically for the joypad. Touchpad UI control (I assume mouse emulation here) is really really fiddly IMO.

I really don't see the point with the touchpad at all TBH. Seems redundant and a poor fit for a games console. It's small, and surrounded by buttons and sticks, crowding and cluttering the whole layout of the pad.

Well, it's taking up space that would otherwise be wasted on the start, select and PS button. I think it's good to have, there might be games that use it in novel ways.

Otherwise devs can just divide it into extra soft buttons for less commonly used commands.

I want Dota 2 on PS4 also, needs KB/M support though! I bet the new consoles can run laps around the Source Engine like a breeze, so it would look great too. Diablo looks sharp too, but something about the art style doesn't seem to look all that great at higher resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back