News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Execution wasn't bad on that ad. The intro and style were plausible. It fell apart in the middle and end from lacking content and Sony polish. Like the concept render - wouldn't mind a PS4 like that. As long as the glowing trim could be switched off. I hate pointless lights on CE devices. It's just light pollution distracting from the screen which is the only thing we're actually interested in. I've been known to stick tape over LEDs and displays...

I may be breaking NDA with this, but I can confirm that you'll be able to download a Graham and a Shifty Geezer for PS4. AlStrong is proving too complex for PS4 at the moment, but there's hope, maybe shifting it to cloud computing.

Great post!

Even though, what if my console is banned if I download these mods? Maybe they are illegal?

:devilish:

I may be breaking NDA with this, but I can confirm that you'll be able to download a Graham and a Shifty Geezer for PS4. AlStrong is proving too complex for PS4 at the moment, but there's hope, maybe shifting it to cloud computing.

Power of cell confirmed

The actual video ad was very plausible to me though. Had I not seen the still screenshot of the console rendered, I would have swallowid up at first. Though I expect real marketing from sony for ps4 to be less jazzy and intimidating than in the past as that didn't work too well with ps3, but rather something more practical, fun and friendly.

ha ha, xDDDD tell me more Shifty... What do you prefer or hate, when people break their NDA or when they give out your phone number?

I would love to play a mod like that, where I can control Graham, Shifty and Alstrong. Playing as the saviour to all the poor sad tragic little bored people who are trapped by the baddies.

Maybe you would marry by the end of the game, then your normal life is made over and radically changed.

I am going to see you walk down the aisle! Graham, Shifty and AlStrong -if the new PS4 permits-. I'll even help you pick your wedding dress! I wonder where to for the honeymoon. :smile:

Who gets to be the best man?

Why is this in the tech thread ? ^_^

If the real console fire off 4 pillars of light — like in the first image -- when I turn it on, I might actually kneel in front of the TV and confess my sins.

Lol, yeah, I'm an atheist, but I'd also convert to the gaming god. Design looked pretty OK, too many logos though; I doubt Sony will do that again after the phat PS3. Also, the light bar on the casing is excessively elaborate and would undoubtedly prove comparatively expensive to manufacture. Too bad though, because I myself unlike Shifty LOVE pointless lights on CE devices... ;)

Lets just hope that AlStrong doesn't turn out as a shoddy port job like Ghostbusters and Bayonetta were on PS3.

Otherwise I'll just build a Titan PC rig.

If that light bar had a horizontally moving red light like a Cylon I would probably do most of my gaming from my 'safe place'. Behind the sofa...

I've been known to stick tape over LEDs and displays...

:LOL:

Also i thought that the PS4 won't support the CD format?

ソニー・コンピュータ・エンターテンイメントのアンドリュー・ハウス氏、インタビュー終わり。まずプレイステーション4ではSACD、CDはサポー トしません。
Quick and dirty google translate.
Andrew House said Sony Computer Enterprises transition instrument, end interview. It does not support SACD, the CD in the first PlayStation 4.
Twitter-Source-Japanese

Apparently PS4 won't be delayed in the EU and will be released this year. Source here.
I quote:

"With Sony expecting Microsoft to tackle Europe more aggressively, CVG has heard from a company insider that PlayStation is "prepared to do whatever it takes" to ensure there is no PS4 delay across Europe."

Fingers crossed.

Apparently PS4 won't be delayed in the EU and will be released this year. Source here.
I quote:

"With Sony expecting Microsoft to tackle Europe more aggressively, CVG has heard from a company insider that PlayStation is "prepared to do whatever it takes" to ensure there is no PS4 delay across Europe."

Fingers crossed.

Seems likely, PS4 parts seem much easier to make than PS3 parts at launch, bluray in particular was in short supply early in the PS3s life if memory serves me right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back