News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like games start installing as soon as you put the disc in the system. There was some question about that earlier.

When I came back to the freshly reset system and tried to launch the game, I was a bit surprised to see an installation progress bar that was already about two-fifths complete. The system apparently automatically started copying the disc data to my hard drive before I even launched it (I was able to confirm this in further tests).

Konami guy on gaf

Bottom line: They (Sony) think this is going to be a really big deal for all PS4 fans out there, and they would really like you to see it as it goes live.

Ok, now I'm thinking it's gotta be bigger than DLC. V goes exclusive..?

I dunno.
It's not really skin off a PS4 fan's back if a title isn't exclusive. It really doesn't benefit them if a bunch of other people can't play the game they're playing.
Hopefully it's something additive.

I dunno.
It's not really skin off a PS4 fan's back if a title isn't exclusive. It really doesn't benefit them if a bunch of other people can't play the game they're playing.

It hurts some PS4 fans if a title is not available on the platform. In that sense, having more contents (exclusive or otherwise) is always good news. Best if it turns out to be a great game.

That said, I don't know if it's a big deal if it's a game level announcement. -_-

I dunno.

Additive could only mean timed exclusive DLC though. They're overhyping it if that's the case.

I'll prepare myself for the eventual let down.

Also, "Music Unlimited" has this odd disclaimer:

The service can only be used with a master account. You must also save your credit card information.

Requiring a master account seems like an odd choice and why no PayPal support (since PSN supports that)? Doesn't affect me since I will not be using that service, just odd is all.

From repi's Mantle presentation today

NefUH1b.png

Seems PS4 + PC as lead platform will be the way going forward, at least for all games using Frostbite. Good news.

Personally I'd rather see it's not an exclusive title, as all that does is exclude people; it doesn't gain me as a gamer anything. It's like titanfall not coming to PS4 even though it won game of the show at E3; big big bummer for PS4 fans while not doing anything for xbone fans.

Personally I'd rather see it's not an exclusive title, as all that does is exclude people; it doesn't gain me as a gamer anything. It's like titanfall not coming to PS4 even though it won game of the show at E3; big big bummer for PS4 fans while not doing anything for xbone fans.

I do agree, not everyone has or likes to own all of the consoles.

Not everyone can afford it either, or just don't want to spend that much money. I know I don't want to spend that much money on consoles.

I agree it would be best to be multiplatform.

possibly, there are bound to be bricks in ANY CE product. Nobody should be surprised that there are bricked consoles. The question is the percentage of failures.

I envy you guys, Here in Asia we have to wait until mid-December.

Oh how I hope I was still living in the states lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back