News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're investing in making their top developers bigger and trimming off medium sized devs. Okay, but why'd they invest in Guerrila over other studios? GG's been a one trick pony this generation. Making them bigger and able to handle more projects seems a huge investment in a single shooter franchise. Their London and Liverpool Studios had more interesting stuff in the oven before they got cancelled.

There were many rumors floating that they are currently making a fantasy IP. So far, this is the only official confirmation of new IP:
http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Screen-Shot-2013-05-14-at-4.30.15-PM.png

They're not.

Brad Grenz is giving faulty information :D

Hey PlayStation fans. If you were unable to preorder a PS4 system, we are happy to announce that we are making 444 additional units available for sale at The Standard, High Line hotel in New York City (848 Washington St) at midnight on November 15th. Lines will start immediately at Washington and Little West 12th, so don’t wait. Only credit cards will be accepted — don’t bring cash!

Line starts now but you can't get your PS4 before 15th.

Strange you think they are giving "preorders"? After reading I thought they give a chance to get a real console now in exchange of your credit card :)

Strange you think they are giving "preorders"? After reading I thought they give a chance to get a real console now in exchange of your credit card :)

No, I think they simply has some more units around so they're making the most of it by having people line up for a spectacle :cool:

yay
BY9Ci1aIIAAoobk.jpg:large

If you're in New York you can head down to The Standard Hotel and buy a PS4 today. Only 444 available, line starts now. No cash, credit cards only! http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/13/nyc-new-ps4s-on-sale-just-for-you/

boo hoo, so that is 444 less for people who pre-ordered and are out of luck because demand is so high ... like me, I pre-ordered in September, paid deposit in October (when they started to take deposits on PS4 pre-orders) and now they sent me e-mail that I'm out of luck and no PS4 for me in 2013, maybe more consoles will be available in late January 2014.

Can you make and get game invites in the app?

Say you were watching TV and you got a game invite.

MS is touting that you'd see the invite on the X1.

Can you make and get game invites in the app?

Say you were watching TV and you got a game invite.

MS is touting that you'd see the invite on the X1.

Hm ? You didn't download the app ? I see "Invitations" at the top banner of the app

I supposed you'll get alerted from your cellphone or tablet when people send invitations and messages. They are everywhere now. Should be able to cover for the "TV notifications" scenarios.

But you'll probably need a few steps to get into the game. *If* Sony implemented resume/pause in a persistent way, then perhaps we can start the game quicker.

I think right now, booting up PS4 is 30 seconds. And then it takes about 15 to get into KZSF MP ?

EDIT: Or perhaps let the cellphone invitation start your PS4 session remotely. That would be cool too.

I've read the review the fact that you can take screenshots of your games is very interesting. I can see how useful it can be.

It would be amazing if there was a way to take a screenshot and see exactly what you are seeing on your display. I don't mean what's happening the exact moment you take the screenshot, but say your character is standing still and you want to compare and show other people how the image looks on your TV, show different image settings, etc.

It surprised me that, pretty much like the Xbox 360, the HD has a reserved space for the system, but it's much larger this time. I wonder if it is meant to be future proof or it is going to be used to cache games. It is highly unlikely that it is going to be used to cache games when they are going to be installed, but maybe for temporal storage before installation?

Bye the way, welcome to the digital forever era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back