News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't already, you should set aside $60 and order the PlayStation Camera (formerly referred to as the PS4 Eye) right now. That's how well voice commands work on the console, which makes it even more curious that Sony chose specifically not to highlight this feature -- comparisons to the Xbox One's Kinect control, notwithstanding. You won't get to enjoy the full suite of commands out of the box, since prompts for "Power," "Back to Game," "Take Screenshot" and "Log in" (the four basic home screen commands) are part of the Day One update.

What you will have hands-free access to is the "PlayStation" command prompt. Say that out loud and the system will ask you to select a game or application and then say, "Start." Don't be surprised to find yourself yelling at the PS4 in different volumes the first few times you initiate the "PlayStation" command. Finding your perfect voice for control takes a little experimentation and, in our experience, a soft, almost quiet tone works best. Though that all depends on the noisiness of your home environment.

PS4 before the 1.5 update

Seems like the entire voice command ability is more advanced than was thought. I understand why Sony aren't broadcasting the ability. I think. It's either because they don't want the kinnect comparisons or they view it as a sleeper function that will have a much greater impact if spread by word of mouth and not a marketing department.

More teasing :LOL:

mdOCuV7.png

Yosp reaction video

PS4 before the 1.5 update

Seems like the entire voice command ability is more advanced than was thought. I understand why Sony aren't broadcasting the ability. I think. It's either because they don't want the kinnect comparisons or they view it as a sleeper function that will have a much greater impact if spread by word of mouth and not a marketing department.

Try the headset recognition vs the PSEye.

Is the guy using the built-in streaming feature ? I can see a video clip of the player. So it's safe to assume he has a PSEye attached ?

Hm ? You didn't download the app ? I see "Invitations" at the top banner of the app

I supposed you'll get alerted from your cellphone or tablet when people send invitations and messages. They are everywhere now. Should be able to cover for the "TV notifications" scenarios.

But you'll probably need a few steps to get into the game. *If* Sony implemented resume/pause in a persistent way, then perhaps we can start the game quicker.

I think right now, booting up PS4 is 30 seconds. And then it takes about 15 to get into KZSF MP ?

EDIT: Or perhaps let the cellphone invitation start your PS4 session remotely. That would be cool too.

I saw the notifications but the app. didn't request to send out push notifications, so I wonder if that's supported.

Would be dumb if you have to open the app and refresh to see notifications.

I saw the notifications but the app. didn't request to send out push notifications, so I wonder if that's supported.

Would be dumb if you have to open the app and refresh to see notifications.

*nod* *nod*

Even websites can send push notifications to iOS7 now right ?

Is the guy using the built-in streaming feature ? I can see a video clip of the player. So it's safe to assume he has a PSEye attached ?

Yep, seems so, the EYE intergrates into the streaming so he can be seen and comment on the stream...

When he goes to settings you can see the complete screen goes in "no camera mode waiting screen" so yep.

Goes i will need an eye at launch, did not expect that.

Yep, seems so, the EYE intergrates into the streaming so he can be seen and comment on the stream...

When he goes to settings you can see the complete screen goes in "no camera mode waiting screen" so yep.

Goes i will need an eye at launch, did not expect that.

And he streaming via his phone... what

Konami guy on gaf confirmed it's something related to MGS V. Probably something DLC related I'm thinking.

MGS Ground Zeroes will have exclusive content on PS, that has leaked already, but it' not what I would call mind-blowing.
Maybe it's something else.

Edit
Oh wait MGS V is not Ground Zeroes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back