News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see ! I disappeared for a few months. Came back to find $10 credit in my XMB inbox. Didn't know why I got it. Thought Sony missed me. ^_^

There was a promo last month - get 10$ back for every 50$ spent. Did you buy something last month? :)

I got mine :)

Just called PSN support and it turns out this was a bait and switch - the deal was not for Canadians despite ads shown within the PSN store making no reference to it being only for Yanks.

Lame sauce Sony.

[EDIT]So yeah, about that. . .[/EDIT]

Strange. I went out to dinner and just got back to find a "Your $10.00 credit is now available" message in my inbox. Not sure whether this means the support staff had it wrong about the promo not applying to Canada and I just didn't wait long enough or if someone did me a personal favour.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called PSN support and it turns out this was a bait and switch - the deal was not for Canadians despite ads shown within the PSN store making no reference to it being only for Yanks.

Lame sauce Sony.

Cheers
It' was definitely available in Canada.

[EDIT]So yeah, about that. . .[/EDIT]

Strange. I went out to dinner and just got back to find a "Your $10.00 credit is now available" message in my inbox. Not sure whether this means the support staff had it wrong about the promo not applying to Canada and I just didn't wait long enough or if someone did me a personal favour.

Cheers

lol. I thought it was a mistake when I saw my $10 too.

Cheers

lol :LOL:

I was looking at the PS4 faqs and noticed this
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/#sect6
Does PS4 support voice commands?
Yes. You can purchase a PlayStation Camera (sold separately; $59.99 MSRP) or use the Mono headset that comes with PS4. After enabling the voice control mode, you will be able to control key PS4 functions using commands such as starting up a game or taking a screenshot. At launch in North America, six languages will be supported (English (US and UK), Spanish (European), Italian, French (European), German, Japanese), with more to come following future system software updates.

So apparently the PS4 supports voice commands outside of the box without the need of a camera? Thats pretty need for those interested to use voice commands but dont want to spend the extra cash. Not that I am the type of guy that would have used this much. I wonder how well that will work
I find it disappointing that Sony hasnt demonstrated anything of this function

They will probably do it as late as possible to not give Microsoft's PR a chance to react before launch.

Just leave the RemotePlay app running.

If you use it all the time, it's likely the last screen you left the Vita on. Wake the unit up and reconnect.

Otherwise, swipe to the LiveArea and reconnect.

No need to hunt for the app among the bubbles.

I keep looking at the Remote Play bubble and then looking at the date... still 6 days... >.>

No, both Vita and PS3 are filtering aither most used friends, or you can select a fixed list for them. Only PS4 can display them all.

What I have read is:

On PS3, you may not be able to add a new friend once you reach 100. It will show up to 100 friends.

On PS4 and Vita, you can add new friends beyond the 100 limit. However Vita will only display 100 (it "caches" these friends on local storage).

I was looking at the PS4 faqs and noticed this
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/#sect6

So apparently the PS4 supports voice commands outside of the box without the need of a camera? Thats pretty need for those interested to use voice commands but dont want to spend the extra cash. Not that I am the type of guy that would have used this much. I wonder how well that will work
I find it disappointing that Sony hasnt demonstrated anything of this function

They showed voice command starting Knack at TGS.

They will probably do it as late as possible to not give Microsoft's PR a chance to react before launch.

Why would MS PR need to react? The X1 has audio and video recognition out of the box without the need to wear a headset. It's been demonstrated to great effect to boot.

Why would MS PR need to react? The X1 has audio and video recognition out of the box without the need to wear a headset. It's been demonstrated to great effect to boot.

So does the PS4 via the PSEye.

I would hazard a guess that it hasn't been promoted because either Sony doesn't see as a very important or wanted feature (it's just a gimmick) or, since it was supposed to demoed at TGS bt didn't make the cut, the software just wasn't ready in time.

Sony are basically down playing it, it's just a minor bullet point on a list of features.

Last edited by a moderator:
So does the PS4 via the PSEye.

I would hazard a guess that it hasn't been promoted because either Sony doesn't see as a very important or wanted feature (it's just a gimmick) or, since it was supposed to demoed at TGS bt didn't make the cut, the software just wasn't ready in time/

Or the fact it's an extra hardware purchase.

The headset would be more tailored for in-game speech recognition vs free-form, general UI navigation.

It may be possible for the headset to outperform an "open space" mic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back