New to me and you MP3 Corruption Trailer. WOW!

darkblu said:
that was about red steel. the footage we have here is not a direct feed (again) but i can still see some aliasing in some extreme contrast cases (again, the footage is not of such quality to allow us tell whether there is any anti-aliasing and to what extent)

Thanks - I thought I read/heard somewhere about "4xaa 8xaf" being hardcoded into the Wii?

scooby_dooby said:
The wii-mote certainly doesn't seem to be helping much though, the guy has to use lock on most of the time, the reticle seems to be all over the place.

Apparently this is a sensitivity problem (at least according to PGC) that can be fixed by changing the sensitivity in the options.

TheChefO said:
Have all the details been released and confirmed on Wii to make this statement?

i'm affraid there's been a misunderstanding: when i said it'd be impractical to have the AA and AF hardwired i meant having them always on. IOW one title using those does not automatically mean all titles need or do use em, or use em to the same degree.

darkblu said:
i'm affraid there's been a misunderstanding: when i said it'd be impractical to have the AA and AF hardwired i meant having them always on. IOW one title using those does not automatically mean all titles need or do use em, or use em to the same degree.

I understand that but I thought I heard a while ago about some AA scheme being employed in Wii in a similar fashion to 360 giving it "free" aa. As for the af I see no reason why that couldn't be standard (being hardwired is another issue). With the marketing speak coming from many directions all basically saying "theres more" WRT Wii leaves me encouraged to think there may be a bit more under the hood than many were speculating. With them sticking to 480 res and making statements like "there's alot that can still be done at the current res" it leads me to think AA, AF.

TheChefO said:
I understand that but I thought I heard a while ago about some AA scheme being employed in Wii in a similar fashion to 360 giving it "free" aa. As for the af I see no reason why that couldn't be standard (being hardwired is another issue). With the marketing speak coming from many directions all basically saying "theres more" WRT Wii leaves me encouraged to think there may be a bit more under the hood than many were speculating. With them sticking to 480 res and making statements like "there's alot that can still be done at the current res" it leads me to think AA, AF.

well, i for one am very much inclined to believe what the ubi guys said about their title - if they say certain aniso and AA levels they'd better deliver close to that or the fans will chastise them. in this regard i'm fairly configent hollywood does have some form of controllable AA (even if it's free it'd still make sense to be controllable) and some AF (no GPU should be released these days w/o at least some basic AF, IMO). we just don't know zilch about mp3 in this regard - nobody said anything and the footage does not show either.

darkblu said:
well, i for one am very much inclined to believe what the ubi guys said about their title - if they say certain aniso and AA levels they'd better deliver close to that or the fans will chastise them.

Unfortunately that comment stems from the unconfirmed and later retracted interview. So far I'd only take those comments with a huge grain of salt.

So no conclusive on hw features yet - all we know is the graphics that have been shown so far are somewhere above xbox and somewhere below 360 at 480p. Including mp3.

TheChefO said:
So no conclusive on hw features yet - all we know is the graphics that have been shown so far are somewhere above xbox and somewhere below 360 at 480p. Including mp3.

yep, unless fearsomepirate gets us confirmation on that interview, we've got very little on Hollywood.

Agree it is not a GC 1,5 it is more a GC 1,2 IMO.

Anyway I am cofident that it will improve a lot (even ATI said that), if not they need to make the price to match and I will be ok (but the price needs to be real low).

pc999 said:
Agree it is not a GC 1,5 it is more a GC 1,2 IMO.

Anyway I am cofident that it will improve a lot (even ATI said that), if not they need to make the price to match and I will be ok (but the price needs to be real low).

Man, I know this is a technology board but wow.

Though I have a big passion for better graphics and the more immersion they can provide, I'm sure even a GC 1.2 could still offer fun games that would make it worthwhile for 200 bucks, imo.

You are a true hardware fanatic. ;)

Ty said:
You are a true hardware fanatic. ;)

:LOL:
I do have a lot of fun with (free) flash games that are nohere near what a PS can do, but when I buy something I like to pay a good value for that not "rebuy" with extras and cost me more than the original or just the extras.

Like I said if the price matchs (HW/SW) I will have fun anyway is not a tech thing, and probably I would spend more in games too (and personally thinking in cheap games make me happy).

I don't know, but MP3 looks rather like an updated engine. So it's probably not very representative of the Wii gfx. In my mind, Mario Galaxy, a new engine, looks a lot better. Although, Metroid Prime 3 is most likely the Wii game longest in development as it has been the only Wii game shown at last year's E3, it doesn't show yet.

Hey, yeah you guys are right, my memory does not serve me correctly. Here is a comparison:
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748547/img_3658631.html
to:
http://www.hsgamers.com/gamecube/screenshots/metroidprime13.jpg

Dunno if those links are allowed, but that is a decent comparison. Looks like poly counts have been upped a lot, and the lightning is def much nicer. Also this should be 768*480p which is nice (widecreen) compared to MP1 640*480i (if memory serves).

edit: On a second look, not that much:http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748547/img_3658671.html

Though they still have some time. And maybe in person the game looks better. However, if they can pull something like RE4 * 1.5 I'd be happy for Wii.

Back