New to me and you MP3 Corruption Trailer. WOW!

gi_404error.gif

what did you see that i did not see?

-edit-
nevermind, i found the file elsewhere. it is pretty impressive looking, but i think most of it is because this is the first time i've seen decent quality video. lots of nice effects, but really nothing that hasn't been done on GC. just with more frequency.

Last edited by a moderator:
see colon said:
-edit-
nevermind, i found the file elsewhere. it is pretty impressive looking, but i think most of it is because this is the first time i've seen decent quality video. lots of nice effects, but really nothing that hasn't been done on GC. just with more frequency.

Could you post the link that works?

I honestly cannot tell a difference from MP1, which is the only one i have. Maybe you could point out some differences?

edit: I wrote this with the caveat that I think MP1 looks great. I don't have a problem with GC fidelity graphics, as long as they can all run progressive scan.

Ok, the poly count seems to be up marginally, the lightning has been improved over MP2. But otherwise it doesn't look that much better.
A few things I noticed though were that the controls were kind of jerky. The guy playing sometimes used auto-lock because he couldn't hit his target. Supposedly this is due to unadjusted sensitivity in the menus, though.

pakotlar said:
I honestly cannot tell a difference from MP1, which is the only one i have. Maybe you could point out some differences?

edit: I wrote this with the caveat that I think MP1 looks great. I don't have a problem with GC fidelity graphics, as long as they can all run progressive scan.

-Textures are more clear.
-Lighting FX are better.
-Geometry of the scene is better.

Sometimes the memory fails to us, MP3 is better than MP1 with an huge difference in visual quality but you need to replay MP1 because the memory ever overhype the things.

pc999 said:
Which programe can I use to see this?

Is this the same from E3 just with good qualitity?

It's some AppleQuicktime format, so either you're installing QuicktimeAlternative codecs or you'll just use VLC.

pakotlar said:

it looks overall cleaner then MP1, better textures, better lighting, more poly's... and there's a scene with a monster who has plasma or something leaking out of his joints and there's localised heat distortion around those areas. same effect we've seen on the GC, but it's all over the screen now, instead of being used here and there.

ditto to what Urian said - your memories of mp1/2 looking nice skew your judgements. you need to see the original and then the trailers from e3.

mp1, though nicely looking, does not have such a sophisticated lighting system (though it does have abunds of vertex lighting). from what i've seen so far from the e3 trailers mp3 puts halo2 to shame (before anybody jumps the gun - that's just my highly subjective, personal opinion). mp1/2, again, though an artistic masterpiece and a bold technological achievemnt for its time, is not as good. clearly.

darkblu said:
mp1, though nicely looking, does not have such a sophisticated lighting system (though it does have abunds of vertex lighting).
What I saw of the third trailer the vertex lighting was very obvious (ball along tunnels with irregular sized triangles making up the tunnel background) and was far from any modern lighting techniques. Why would they use such a simple method there if they have better available?

Shifty Geezer said:
What I saw of the third trailer the vertex lighting was very obvious (ball along tunnels with irregular sized triangles making up the tunnel background) and was far from any modern lighting techniques. Why would they use such a simple method there if they have better available?

yes, in the 4th trailer they have apparent vertex lighting. but if you also pay attention you'll see that the various light sources interact with everything within their reach, which for some of them is not short either - it was very apparent in the original long trailer in the big hall before the meta ridley encounter where the player had a ball puzzle section, and everthing was illuminated at every moment by at least a couple of lights simultaneously (scene's, ball, and then drones barrage and what not). vertex lighting IMO is alright for environments, and in some cases it's the only viable approach - when you have to choose 'will the environment be lit by few per-pixel lights or tons of vertex lights' - pixel lights normally cost passes, unless the number of lights is hardcoded in the fragment shader (in which case it'd be a fixed (high) price, unless you have dynamic flow clontrol).

Last edited by a moderator:
darkblu said:
from what i've seen so far from the e3 trailers mp3 puts halo2 to shame (before anybody jumps the gun - that's just my highly subjective, personal opinion).

No need for the disclaimer, I'm pretty sure most people would agree with these sentiments. This is definitely beyond anything I've seen on the Xbox 1. The effects and lighting for instance. And this is supposedly running at 60fps at 480p? :smile:

Looks pretty nice to me, need to see a better quality trailer to really tell.

The wii-mote certainly doesn't seem to be helping much though, the guy has to use lock on most of the time, the reticle seems to be all over the place.

Hardknock said:
No need for the disclaimer, I'm pretty sure most people would agree with these sentiments. This is definitely beyond anything I've seen on the Xbox 1. The effects and lighting for instance. And this is supposedly running at 60fps at 480p? :smile:

The site is blocked for me - can anyone confirm the "4xaa and 8x af"?

TheChefO said:
The site is blocked for me - can anyone confirm the "4xaa and 8x af"?

that was about red steel. the footage we have here is not a direct feed (again) but i can still see some aliasing in some extreme contrast cases (again, the footage is not of such quality to allow us tell whether there is any anti-aliasing and to what extent)

Back