New Lost Odyssey Info (9/13)

This game sounds like the FF I always wanted, can't wait.

Yeah this game sounds a lot grittier than your average FF title. I could see this selling by the millions in NA and UK because the art style is more appealing. Can't wait to see video from the demo at TGS.

thanks alot for posting that translation!

i've always known deep down, something about Lost Odyssey would make it the system seller for the 360. now i know why :rolleyes:

Will BD and LO be released in NA with JP or will we lag behind here?

You can always make a japanese xbox live account to download the demo (hopefully it wont be region locked). Also, there was a rumor report from ebgames release list; Blue Dragon listed for a release early next year. We can only hope :)

New 4-page article up on next gen that features LO:
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3818&Itemid=2

Well, I have seen the demo of Lost Odyssey in action. The game is so very grown-up and pieced together with such seamless virtuousity that I really don't know what to say. I'm impressed as I've ever been with a videogame. It is beautiful. I'm about as excited about it now, as a fully functioning (really), independent adult, as I was excited about Final Fantasy VII as a college student, as I was about Final Fantasy IV as much younger man. I look forward to this game.

Seeing (and playing) is believing, and I am a believer in Lost Odyssey. My immediate judgment is a belief that it will sell this console to at least a million Japanese gamers. And Microsoft must think so too –it’s going to make sure this game is everywhere. It will be featured most prominently at the company’s booth at Tokyo Game Show, and, if its promise to host all show-floor demos on Xbox Live holds true, that should mean this game's demo will be available for download next Wednesday night.

That sounds pretty darn impressive:)
X360 needs these kind of titles to make something happen in Japan reeeaaally bad.
It shouldn't take too long before some new media start popping up.

X360 is so cheap in Japan that few games like this can easily start shifting those units.

Tim Rogers.. :rolleyes:

LO and BD will shift some consoles but no major comeback should be expected. 360 has been dead way too long already.

What's needed is some screenshots! There's no media on this game other than an E3 trailer. It's hard to guess what sort of impact the game might have when there's no idea what it looks like nor how it plays!

We'll probably see some cam footage of TGS demo, don't worry. And later in October the demo will be in Famitsu and hopefully on Marketplace.

What's needed is some screenshots! There's no media on this game other than an E3 trailer. It's hard to guess what sort of impact the game might have when there's no idea what it looks like nor how it plays!

Agreed, TGS is going to be huge. I wonder if NA will get some media for this game over XBL even if it isnt the actual demo. Still, between the Famitsu interview and this feedback i'm VERY interested now whereas before this game wasnt even really on my radar.

Tim Rogers.. :rolleyes:

LO and BD will shift some consoles but no major comeback should be expected. 360 has been dead way too long already.

Yes we all get it, its a steep uphill climb for the 360 in Japan, and there's about 5,000 posts saying the same thing on this forum to prove it. Regurgitating the same thing without adding anything constructive is even more useless than MS' efforts in the East.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has no one seen the scans from Famitsu then? Graphics akin to FF13, pretty impressive stuff to say the least.

Saw this on Neogaf and decided to steal it.
Duckroll said:
I'm sure this has been repeated several times, but it should be noted that the novelist Kiyoshi Shigematsu is NOT the scenario writer for Lost Odyssey.

The main scenario writer is Sakaguchi himself, and that covers all the ongoing events of the game in the present timeline, including the backstory on the Magic Industrial Revolution as well as the reason why Kaim is immortal and cannot die.

Sakaguchi then came up with the idea known as "A Dream of a Thousand Years" which is basically a series of short-story scenarios that cover the course of Kaim's life as an immortal. These scenarios are all written by Shigematsu and will take place in the game as sidestories/quests that occur as either dreams that Kaim experiences or flashbacks in his memory. These events will cover Kaim's relations with the various friends and lovers he has encountered over the millenia, and will be filled with bittersweet and tragic elements. I believe this set of scenarios will also be compiled as a novel to be released after the game is out.

Back