New Heavenly Sword Info (screens included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news! Although I wouldn't mind paying full price for HS. Then again I wouldn't for warhawk. But with a low price and a BT headset it's starting to look interesting.

Well, I hadn't seen it before...

Is it just me, or is Itagaki trying to fill in the wacky quotes void left by Kutaragi's retirement? :p "OH NOES, a quick interactive cutscene that can resolve in multiple ways! RUUUUN!"

Yeah really. In the future, perhaps Heavenly Sword can just have a "win" button and take the concept all the way.

Ah well, that's gaming for the masses I guess.

57147_med.jpg

:oops: The lighting!

hey it looks like light is passing through her skin similar to the NVIDIA tech demo with the alien looking forms!

Impressive

hey it looks like light is passing through her skin similar to the NVIDIA tech demo with the alien looking forms!

Impressive

No I dont think so and it would be strange if it is so. I cant think that here body is made of "jello"!

diffuse lighting is also a function of your surface normal, if you add a term to your shader that bend normals around silhouettes you can 'capture' lighting contributions coming from lights that should be at least partiially occluded by your object.
Once you compute this tern you can use it as an index into a small texture that an artist can tweak to remap this value to something more pleasant to the eyes, then you just have an additional lighting term that you can use in your lighting equations: for example you can decide if shadows should mask it out completely or partially, etc..

No I dont think so and it would be strange if it is so. I cant think that here body is made of "jello"!
It's unnatural to have the knee that translucent (although she is under the influence of a godly sword, so who knows what that'd do!) but despite that, it gives the image a quality that's likeable and doesn't look particularly out of place. It looks better than if there was no 'translucency' component and the leg was completely opaque, and the benefit to the rest of Nariko is very good.

It's unnatural to have the knee that translucent (although she is under the influence of a godly sword, so who knows what that'd do!) but despite that, it gives the image a quality that's likeable and doesn't look particularly out of place. It looks better than if there was no 'translucency' component and the leg was completely opaque, and the benefit to the rest of Nariko is very good.

Ya it looks fabolous, realy gives the scene that little extra! :smile:

Sorry to disturb this thread with this message, but DeanoC could you take a look in your inbox? Thanks.

Just played Heavenly Sword on a 1000 inch screen :D Very nice:devilish:

Actually I just pulled that number out of the air, but I was playing Heavenly Sword on a bonafide theatre screen today. I don't know the diagnol length of the screen, but it's about 13-15 meters wide. Not only did it look awesome, but that part where you were running down the ropes actually made you feel like you were falling :D

I wish I had one of those screens in my house ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Play a game like this on a cinema screen... gosh...

But even on my home tv, I want this game BADLY!

Only one thing, nAo and DeanoC: the release date is near. Delay it, if the game doesn't run always at least at 30 fps. Many years are gone since you started this project. Do not let it be ruined by a unstable framerate (it really ruins all the "solidity" and the beauty of the animations)! I still don't understand why it was better during 2006 events (e3 and tgs)... Can you explain (love technical stuff)?

Even though this game is close to release, in every video that I've seen there always seem to be framerate problems and screen tearing. Is this because what's being shown is an old build of the game?

I am curious btw if nAo and DeanoC can answer:

How has Blu Ray helped and what has enabled you to do you probably couldnt do on a smaller storage format?

I think I ve heard Mr Antoniades say something about Blu Ray in the video Sony showed at their E3 conference

Even though this game is close to release, in every video that I've seen there always seem to be framerate problems and screen tearing. Is this because what's being shown is an old build of the game?

The PSN trailer and demo are old builds based on those who played in E3. I am not sure about the GT trailer above though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back