New Heavenly Sword Info (screens included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that Worldwide?

I know Lair is due later in Europe than America, hopefully I can get my hands on it in the UK the same time as America. Don't really want to import it

Well, I hadn't seen it before...
"I've never played a good game where the developers put a big icon of the button you're supposed to press onscreen," said Itagaki. "I look at Heavenly Sword and it seems really half-assed, because it's asking you to do all these button-timing sequences but you are not getting much pay-off from it."
Is it just me, or is Itagaki trying to fill in the wacky quotes void left by Kutaragi's retirement? :p "OH NOES, a quick interactive cutscene that can resolve in multiple ways! RUUUUN!"

Well, I hadn't seen it before...

Is it just me, or is Itagaki trying to fill in the wacky quotes void left by Kutaragi's retirement? :p "OH NOES, a quick interactive cutscene that can resolve in multiple ways! RUUUUN!"
Heh, that is a really stupid thing for him to say. Having to hit buttons during a cut scene is a hell of a lot nicer than hitting a button to open a door or a chest only to have your gamplay interrupted by a non-interactive cut scene of your character competing the task.

Heh, that is a really stupid thing for him to say. Having to hit buttons during a cut scene is a hell of a lot nicer than hitting a button to open a door or a chest only to have your gamplay interrupted by a non-interactive cut scene of your character competing the task.
He said its "half-assed". Its an believeable argument as his games center around asses & boobs, who else would be able to comment on that?

Heavenly Sword trailer was (for me) the best thing that came out of E3 2005. Yes, that one with the pre rendered Killzone 2 trailer.
And after playing the demo for the 20th time, I have to say that this is a day one purchase for me.
I cannot say what is technically impressive in this game (mainly because I don’t know that much, though I’m really impressed;) ) but artistically it’s one of the most beautiful games I’ve ever seen.

He said its "half-assed". Its an believeable argument as his games center around asses & boobs, who else would be able to comment on that?
You may have a point there... He is instead saying they need to go much further to become "FULL-assed?"

Huh, that does make sense. But the question remains on whether he is commenting on the fact that when running down the rope only one of Nariko's buttocks is showing, or simply the fact that her buttocks isn't but half as bulbous as the rears on the women in his games. The world may never know. :p

Nope the 'TGS' demo would morph (its been polished a lot but the basic structure stayed the same as the demo) into the section called WarMachines, from the clips around its the one where she has a bazooka and its fighting an army in a desert.

And thankfully the bug is well gone

DeanoC, thanks for the clarification. I was always wondering what happened to that demo.

Actually, I showed the game to some more designers/scripters yesterday, and they were quite impressed. The marketing guys didn't believe it will sell more than 1 million units because of the install base, but Resistance has shown that 1 million is indeed possible on the PS3.

In any case, I'm really looking forward to this game, and I hope it does well.

Oninotsume

subsurface scattering for the win!

I was under the impression that SSS was something that was next to impossible to pull off without brining a machine to its knees, and thus the legion of plastic characters this gen.

Has NT implemented some specific workaround to overcome this, or am I totally off base here?

SSS is easy to fake.. it's not quite the real thing, but I guess it's good enough

SSS is easy to fake.. it's not quite the real thing, but I guess it's good enough

Really! Would you mind sharing the process by which it's done?

I'm interested in knowing because Heavenly Sword appears to pull it off very well, and many other games do not.

Thanks for your time.

Oninotsume

Is SSS implemented in the demo? I feel that HSs characters are some of the best I’ve seen. The skin shaders on them are simply amazing. But I didn’t notice SSS in the demo…. Maybe I wasn’t looking?
And please tell me that it is coming in EU on Sep 14!

Is SSS implemented in the demo? I feel that HSs characters are some of the best I’ve seen. The skin shaders on them are simply amazing. But I didn’t notice SSS in the demo…. Maybe I wasn’t looking?
What makes skin look good is SSS or an approximation. Ours is just an approximation but the reason Marco said that, is if you look at the picture he was replying to, you can see the light in the skin has 'wrapped' around, the classic sign of SSS :)

What makes skin look good is SSS or an approximation. Ours is just an approximation but the reason Marco said that, is if you look at the picture he was replying to, you can see the light in the skin has 'wrapped' around, the classic sign of SSS :)

Yeah, I did notice that on the ss. And it really adds to the IQ quite a lot!
But I didn’t notice it in the demo. Of course the lighting conditions are very different on the demo and the screenshot posted above.
I guess I have to take a closer look. Seems like the first 20 or so times I was too busy playing the game to notice!!! Just can’t get enough of it!

And given the opportunity, Congrats on an amazing game!
Very artistic, very cinematic! And it plays well too!;) Only thing that bugs me is tearing, but I can live with it.

Yeah, i've noticed on those sexy legs of hers!;) :p But amazing game. She has more move combos than most if not all fighting games. The possiblities are literally endless! I also figured why the demo is so big...with that recorded clip at the begining.:devilish:

p.s. Where in the world did you come up with the concept of the main char.? :oops:

Good news all! A very clever bloke on the Heavenly Sword forums complained that both Amazon and Play.com were false advertising the discount price of first party games. Both listed the games as having a discount of £10 from £49.99 to £39.99 - even when we all know that first party Sony games retail at £39.99 anyway!

Both Amazon and Play.com have now reduced the price of first/second party games to £32.99! How great is that - the same price as some new PS2 games :p Heavenly Sword and Warhawk are the games I've seen to have this discount so far - others may follow.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back