New GI has pictures and info about GTA4.

here's a goodie too: Once the initial loading screen is over, there is NO loading at all in the game, even for interior environments.

Reminds me of Just Cause :smile: thats good.

Online multiplayer is in it.

Hmm like what? typical DM/TDM modes :???: /random

360 version gets exclusive content, and not ps3.

Moore already said that; PS3 fanboys speculated that the content couldnt fit on a normal DVD disc so they have to label it as "episodic" :rolleyes: silly people...

Version showed was also 360.

*waiting for the "so thats why it looked like crap" or "the PS3 version will look a gajillion times better coz of Cell/Bluray" comments around the web*

*waiting for the "so thats why it looked like crap" or "the PS3 version will look a gajillion times better coz of Cell/Bluray" comments around the web*

It looked good but the 360 being the lead platform also means it cant play to the strengths of the PS3

Well they can sell a plane on microtransaction!

If it doesn't have a jet pack either it's a serious downgrade.

Moore already said that...

Nope.

Eurogamer: You say you'll have exclusive content, but will Rockstar also be making exclusive content for the PS3?

Peter Moore: You'd have to ask them that. They're not going to tell me what they're doing.

It looked good but the 360 being the lead platform also means it cant play to the strengths of the PS3

Maybe there will be loading on a Core system. I would be very surprised to see a game like that being streamed from an optical disc.

Then again, maybe they are rockstars...

Nope.

Maybe there will be loading on a Core system. I would be very surprised to see a game like that being streamed from an optical disc.

Then again, maybe they are rockstars...

They stated that they have a group of programmers in San Diego that does nothing but work on Rockstar technologies and that includes the RAGE engine that is also referenced in the article.

Well does anyone "know" how big the game is going to be?? I would imaging there is a lot of circumstances that limit content like time and money more so than DVD9??

Last edited by a moderator:
If it has more in-building rooms built that can offset the smaller environment in terms of playability, but won't compensate the loss of scale.

"5. "A new level of freedom means the main storyline will be up to you, unlike in other gtas.""

Do they elaborate on what this actually means?

A next-gen GTA should be all about ambition, which the presented points hardly suggest, so I'm assuming they're investing that into other elements? Do they talk about that at all in the article, or do they just focus on what they won't have?

Well does anyone "know" how big the game is going to be?? I would imaging there is a lot of circumstances that limit content like time and money more so than DVD9??

Geographically it's about this big:
In GTA IV, four of the five boroughs of New York have been recreated for you to explore, as well as parts of New Jersey. Broker is the equivalent of Brooklyn, Manhattan is now Algonquin, Queens becomes Dukes, the Bronx is Brohan, and New Jersey transforms into Alderney.

And here's the rough plot:
This chap, the main character, is Niko Bellic - an immigrant in search of the "American Dream".

His cousin Roman persuaded him to make the move by boasting a life of luxury, but it eventually turns out he was using this as a cover to hide his own failures. He'll be your only contact until you can find your feet, and ultimately carve out your own destiny.

One of the biggest differences in the new game will be the way you interact with other people. In previous iterations you've been at the beck and call of others, picking up your phone to receive orders. But this time around you'll be able to dial out, calling people to arrange rendezvouses and correlate your own plans. There will still be an element of following someone else's game plan, but the freedom of choice is something Rockstar is proudly standing by.
eurogamer

Im very dissapointed at the apparent lack of variety in this game. One of the things I loved about SA was the fact that everywhere was different, from open countryside to bustling skyscrapers to miami style beaches to desert to mountains etc, etc....

Sounds like this will just be the one city, barely even any countryside (apart from central park I assume). Still, tat won't give you the same feeling of being "out in the sticks" as SA did.

Nevertheless imsure the game will be amazing and I will be first in line to get it. Hell, maybe they are just saving the true variety packed game for a larger sequel.

Back